Chapter 1

Carter’s POV:

I ran out of the door to my house at the sound of a car door opening and closing. Hayley was home.  She’d gone on Warped Tour with the guys for the entire month of July and part of August, but she was back and I couldn’t have been any happier.  At the sight of vibrant orange hair bobbing behind the car, I started running.  

There she was.  Hayley, my one true love, the girl I’d never given up on.  ”Hayles!” I called.  She revealed her angelic face and smiled so big I could see her gap clearly.  She ran up to me and jumped into my arms.  I twirled her around, kissing the side of her head several times before finally letting her down to her feet.  I wasn’t much taller than her, maybe only around an inch or so, but she still appeared as a tiny little girl to me.

I sighed big, looking into Hayley’s big green eyes and kissing her on the lips.  She smiled at me again. “Carter, I missed you so much!” I smile at her, holding her by the hips and pulling her in closer for yet another kiss.  I hated not seeing her for so long, but now I finally had her back and I couldn’t help myself with her.  ”I missed you too, babe.” I softly pushed her up against her car, kissing her lips, then down to her neck.  She giggled and I stopped looking back at her face and into her eyes.  I smiled big at her, taking in everything that she was.  Perfection.

“Come on, let’s go inside.” I took her hand, leading her back into my house.  I stopped for a moment, remembering something I left in the kitchen.  I walked by the table, picking up a nice bouquet of roses I bought just a few hours before Hayley arrived.  I turned around and gave them to her, kissing her on the cheek.  ”Welcome home, beautiful.” I smiled.  She gasped, clearly speechless and gave me a tight hug, her head digging into my neck.

Hayley suddenly looked up and smirked, putting the roses on the counter top and taking my hand, leading me into my bedroom.  I laughed, “It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” I asked her as she giggled and pushed me against the wall.  I kissed her as she ran her hands down my sides, looping each of her index fingers around my belt loops of my skinny jeans.  ”You’re such a tease, Williams.” I laughed as she kissed my jawline, giggling along with me.  I started to wrap my arms around her, taking of her shirt as she lifted her arms up.  She kissed my neck before taking my own shirt off, then going for my jeans.  She unbuckled them and I slid them off of my legs.  As I looked up, she took hers off, leaving her in just a bra and underwear, her perfect figure exposed.

Hayley took hold of both of my hands, intertwining our fingers together as she kissed me, moving both of us towards the bed.  I fell back on the bed, absentmindedly bringing her down with me.  She kissed me on my neck down to my stomach, leaving a trail of kisses all over me.  I closed my eyes as her kisses got lower, sending goosebumps down my arms.  She started to take off my underwear, throwing them to the floor as she kissed back up to my lips.  She lifted her face just an inch away from mine and smiled her beautiful smile that I missed so much.  She put one hand on my cheek, kissing my forehead.  ”I love you Carter.” she smiled at me.  I kissed her lips once more, “I love you more Hayley Bug.” she giggled at the nickname I’d given her when we first started dating and began to kiss down my body again.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and we both looked up.  I rolled my eyes, “Right now?  Really?” Hayley laughed and gave me a quick kiss on the lips before reaching for her clothes and pulling them on.  As she walked out of the door, I got up and dressed, wanting to strangle whoever was at the door.  I opened the door to my bedroom and walked out, finding Hayley with a familiar face standing at the door.  It was Adam.  He was like my big brother, but we weren’t related.  He was only around two years older than me.  I hadn’t seen him in weeks, so his visit was surprising.  I smiled and ran up to him, giving him a tight hug and then turning to Hayley, smiling at her.  

“Adam, what are you doing here?” I asked, grabbing Hayley’s hand and leading the three of us into the kitchen to sit down.  We all gathered around the table, each taking a seat.  He looked up at me and chuckled, “What?  A big brother can’t come see his little sister every once in a while?” I rolled my eyes, knowing that there had to be a reason he was here in the first place.  ”What’s with the attitude?” he laughed, obviously joking.  Hayley laughed along with him and looked at me.  ”You kinda interrupted something..important.” she grabbed my hand and smiled.  ”Oh, sorry,” Adam replied. “I was wondering if you two needed a ride to the restaurant.” Shit.  I’d totally forgotten about the little get together we were all having tonight as soon as Hayley arrived.  It was going to be Adam, Kassidy, Gabriella, Aden, Hayley, Taylor, Jeremy, and myself.

“I totally forgot!” Hayley exclaimed before I could say anything.  I nodded my head, “Me too.  But yeah, we could totally use a ride.” I watched as a soft smile spread across Adam’s face.  I knew this was important to him.  This was the night that he was going to propose to Kassidy, my best friend and non-blood-related big sister.  I started to rub my foot up and down Hayley’s calf under the table, making her giggle softly.  ”Alright well we better get a move on, we have to be there by seven.” Adam said starting to stand up.  I looked at the clock on the wall, it was already six thirty.  I stood up and took Hayley with me by her hand.  ”Hold on, let me just go get my phone.” I said, hurrying back into my bedroom and retrieving my phone, assuming Hayley already had hers.

I ran back out into the kitchen, grabbing Hayley from behind her waist and holding her close to me while kissing her cheek as she giggled.  ”We have to go Carter!” she laughed as I held onto her tighter, not wanting to let go.  Finally I did when Adam looked at the two of us and chuckled, knowing he was happy for me.  I took Hayley’s hand and followed Adam out of the door, getting into the backseat his truck and helping Hayley inside, leaving Adam alone in the front.  I watched as she got out her phone to text Taylor and Jeremy, making sure that they were on their way.  Tonight was going to be perfect.  I had Hayley back with me after months, Adam was going to propose to Kassidy and I knew she’d say yes, and we’d all have a big “family reunion” as I call it.  We were all so close, it’d be hard to say that we weren’t family.  I wrapped my arm around Hayley as her head rested on my shoulder, I kissed the top of it and rested my head on hers, closing my eyes just a bit as Adam pulled out of the driveway.