Rushed to be Welcomed

Erin nervously shifted from side to side and brushed his brown bangs out of his blue eyes.It was 3: 00 now, but he was still late. He was over two weeks late, but it wasn't exactly his fault. He was just another commoner, but he was different. It happened too fast. He gazed at the dull scenery as he remembered in what got him into this mess in the first place

___

Erin angrily walked into the fields. He hated his friends. He hated is family. He hated everything. His parents...they weren't even his parents. He was an adopted orphan, a stupid one too. He realized his real parents abandoned him at the mayor's doorstep. As the mayor announced the newcomer, his adopted parents were trying to get over a miscarriage. It was just the right time.

"We're sorry Erin," his mother said. "We wanted the best for you."

Lies! Erin thought. They're all liars! He eventually collapsed and cried to himself. I don't fit in, Erin thought.

"I'll never fit in," he said to himself. He wiped away his useless tears. He started to get up when something started to crackle. He got up and began to search for the source. It was a fragile strip of paper. The words were faded, but he was able to read it easily.

Di rah go mai lu go hi rah...

What am I saying? Erin thought. It felt so natural; it was as if it was a part of him. He needed to feel like he's part of something, so he kept reading.

Li ro fi ha du gi bo...

The air crackled with energy. Atmosphere became tense. Gone were the happy blue skies and green happiness. Even though he hated it, this was getting creepy. How powerful was this scroll?

Fi am bu he ru!

The world seemed to be crushed. Erin collapsed due to the force, but he somehow recovered. He opened his eyes, and he was shocked.

The strangest thing was just staring at him. It had the body of a wolf, but it had more to it. It flapped its giant grey wings, and it tilted its head with the horns that were similar to a ram's. It peered at the boy with curious blue eyes.

"H-hi?" Erin stuttered. The creature ran up to him and- kissed him? The creature loved him! He began to laugh and enjoy his new pet. It was soon interrupted.

"Look! An adept!" a visiting general said. Erin cursed himself for forgetting that they were visiting; the village was a little ways from the war sadly.

"We must get him to the Academy!" he continued. "I can't believe we missed one!"

"Aye!" said the other one.

___

After that, they shipped him off to Curriculum or something like that. Erin began to pity himself. They said the teachers could help him with his 'problems', but he knew that will not work. He wouldn't be allowed to leave. He scratched Siri the Lupis behind her ears. Things were too complicated.

The carriage jerkily stopped. He could hear his luggage being tossed around.

"Finally!" a man said. "What took you so long? I might have to ask for a new supplier."

"There was some traffic, Mr. Corbin sir," the driver pleaded, " Right boy?"

"Uh, yeah," Erin said. He really didn't pay attention, but Erin didn't want to cross that bossy man. Judging by the outfit, the man was probably a cook, an angry one at that.

"Whatever," Corbin muttered. He gave a hard, cold stare at Erin, and even a harder, colder stare at Siri.

"Must be new," he said under his breath. "All right," he grumbled. He casted a glance at the two late servants. "Get them already!" he roared.

Erin hurriedly grabbed his luggage by himself and ran to the front door. This was some welcome party.