Chapter 1 : Tyler's Gonna Move?

Intro : Tyler's Warning About The Move.

It was mid-summer California, and the blazing hot sun was beaming on top of Owens back. He was only in his swim trunks and lying face down in the water of his kiddie pool. Bubbles were forming from underneath him, and he rose up fast, gasping for air. His bleached blonde hair was sticking to his forehead, and the front part of his body was wet. He had been laying in there for five minutes, just trying to get some cool water back onto his skin. But the sun was too blazing and the water had already gone from nice and cool to boiling hot. Owen flipped his body around and sat down into the tiny round pool. He placed his arms around the rims of the rubber pool, and let his head fall back. A soft sigh came from his lips and his eyes stayed closed in relaxation. Then a shadow fell on top of Owen, and he looked up at the tall figure. Owen flipped around again and folded his arms on top of the pools rims and laid his head on his arms. "Hey, Tyler." Owen said with a slight wave and a small smile on his lips.

"Yo." Tyler waved back while giving the peace sign. Tyler sat down next to Owen by leaning his back up against the side of the pool. Tyler let his head fall back so his hair was barely touching the water. Owen went back to his resting position in the pool so his face was in the same direction, looking up at the sky, like Tyler. "Is this all you've been doin' O'?" Tyler turned his head so he was looking at Owen. "Yea', the houses AC don't work right now. And it's too hot to even go hang' anywhere." Tyler turned his head again and shrugged. He was looking up again and said, "I guess so." Owen smiled again, "Hey Ty'?" "Hmm?" "I finally told my mom." Owens was looking at Tyler from the corner of his eyes. "Told her what?" Tyler was confused at first but lit up when he finally figured out what Owen was talking about.

"Did she except you?" Owens smile did fade at this question and he nodded his head. "Yea', she was really welcoming to it actually. She was laughin' and sayin' it explained me really well." They both laughed at this. Owen got up and walked out of the pool. He raised both his arms up and stretched out his body, causing his back to pop. He sighed and stud next to Tyler, who also got up. "Oh, my dad told me we're movin' next summer." Owens eyes went slightly wide, "What?" "Yea', we're gonna move to Texas." Owen forced a smile, "Yea', dude. That sounds totally cool." "I know right, hey, I gotta go. It'll be dinner soon and you know how my mom is." "Yeah, see ya'."

Tyler walked away, across the street, and waved bye. Owens smile faded as Tyler left. "Damn, and here I thought I would have plenty of time to tell him how I feel." Owen gave a sobbing laugh and walked into his house. Before he walked in he said, "Damn, when is my mom gonna fix this fuckin' AC?"