Prologue

Arielle Potter
and the
Philosopher's Stone

-Prologue-

"James Potter, I am so going to kill you!" shrieked the disgruntled woman on the bed.

The young man, to whom she was referring to, gulped nervously. He knew better then to contradict his wife. Instead of replying he just kissed her sweaty forehead and put his forehead against hers. The woman relaxed slightly as the contraction stopped. She sighed in relief and closed her eyes. Her husband gently wiped the sweat off her forehead and said, "Come on, Lils. I know you can do it…"

Lils or Lily Potter, nee Evans, opened her eyes and smiled slightly at the nervous look that James Potter had on his face. "Yeah, I know…" she whispered. James smiled at her and gave her a soft kiss before another contraction came. The Healer that was assigned to the young couple rushed in the room and quickly checked the young woman.

"You can start pushing now, Mrs Potter," he said while cleaning his hands with a spell. Lily nodded and looked at James. He kissed her again and took her hand. Lily turned her attention on the Healer and after receiving a nod, started pushing. After a few minutes, some "I'll kill you", "I'm never having another baby again" and "I'm going to castrate you" threats from Lily and some pushes later a loud yell filled the room. Lily leaned herself back on her pillows and breathed deeply while James wiped her forehead gently.

The Healer checked the baby and wrapped it in a pink blanket. He turned towards the newly turned parents and gave them a smile. "Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Potter. You have given birth to a healthy little girl."

He put the little bundle in the mother's awaiting arms and left the room. Lily looked at the girl in her arms and then up to James. Smiling softly she said, "Look what we brought in this world." James smiled through his tears and nodded. He couldn't find words to express what he felt at the moment. He fumbled a little with the blanket until he reached the little fingers. He smiled as they closed in around his index finger. The girl yawned at that specific moment and opened her eyes for the first time. James gasped in surprise and found himself totally and utterly lost within those emerald green orbs that were looking at him curiously.

"They're just like your eyes, Lily," the young father whispered. Lily grinned and replied, "Well, that's about the only thing she got from me. Look at her hair! Even now when she's just a baby they stick up at all the places."

James grinned sheepishly. "What can I do? Blame it on the Potter genes…" He was about to say something else when the doors banged open and two of his best friends stormed in the hospital room. He laughed silently as he saw the mess that was their hair. They must have paced all around the hospital and pulled their hands through their hair to get their hair-style like this.

The taller one had long black hair that was currently a mess and grey eyes that were looking nervous, mischievous, hopeful and happy at the same time. How that was possible, James still didn't know. The other one was slightly shorter than the first one and had sandy-brown hair that reached his ears and amber eyes. He was calmer then the first one but only a little. His eyes widened as he saw the bundle in Lily's arms.

"Moony, Padfoot!" he heard someone say and raised his eyes to the hazel eyes of his best friend and the father of that little miracle that was looking at him now.

One look at the little baby and he was lost too.

He awoke at the fast bark of laughter that his other friend was famous for and turned his attention to the black haired man that was known as Padfoot or Sirius Black. The young man bounded to the bed and peered down at the girl. He yelped in surprise as the girl's fingers found their way to his nose and grabbed it.