Chapter 3: Officially Kidnapped!

I'm really happy with where the story's going so far, and I would like to give a thanks to any of you readers! Commenting and voting really helps me, by the way!

Soo... Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: Officially Kidnapped!

[ Haleigh's POV ]

Normally, when someone threatens to end your life, you surrender to them as fast as you can. I, for one, could care less.

I sat there, and stared straight at the dark grey-haired man with puppy-dog eyes. I was mocking him-- with the puppy-dog thing-- and he didn't really appreciate it. I don't think it works that way with blood-red vampire eyes, but you get the point. Still, instead of actually killing me, the wolves only took a couple steps forward to threaten me.

I knew that I was annoying the man, and he really wanted to kill me, but he refused to, as he was incredibly curious about my hair. Because, when I'm dead-- I'm not coming back to explain.

He let out a sound of a mixture of a complaint and anger, grinding his teeth together as he glared at me, frustrated. Suddenly, he reached two tanned arms out, and hooked one around my shoulders and the other around the back of my knees, scooping me up into his arms.

I let out a small scream of shock, and immediately began struggling. I squirmed away from him, pushing as hard as I could away from him. I was extremely uncomfortable with his shirtless body.

He wasn't paying that much attention to me, though. He was looking at someone behind me. I watched his facial expressions as he gave someone a short, stiff nod. I made a swing for his face, attempting to smack him hard enough to release me.

Instead, too quick for me to realise what was happening, he grabbed my swinging arm at the same time a large force pounded into the back of my head.

A large bubble of pain blossomed from the back of my head, and I let out a small moan at the harshness of it, just as everything darkened and faded out.

++++

The first thing I registered when I woke up was the huge ache in the very back of my head. I was afraid to move, as if that simple movement would cause me more pain.

The second thing I suddenly realised was that I had been knocked out by the werewolves. I shot up in where ever I had been laying in, panicking as I scanned my surroundings skillfully.

I was in a small, cramped jail cell with a tangy, pine-tree scent wafting in the air. I wrinkled my nose at the same time that I cradled my pounding head, as my fast movements had just made it even worse.

I pressed my fingers carefully around the aching area of my skull, discovering a forming bump. I groaned in frustration, pulling my hand away from my head.

Why did I have to be the certain one with unusual golden hair? If I was just normal like the others, I would've been dead right now. Right now, it sounds way better than this crap.

The prison cell only contained a rusty, dirty toilet in the corner, with a grimy sink that didn't even have a mirror, along with a old, reeking cot that I had been laying on.

Everything about the cell was nasty and revolting, reminding me of the very werewolf who had been talking to me. I glared at nothing in particular, desperately wishing that I had some sort of target to attack.

I realised that there wasn't only just my cell, though. There were five other cells, only a couple occupied. There was a narrow pathway in the center, where there were three cells on each side. I was lucky that I didn't have any cellmates, like the other prisoners.