panic - merome au

prologue

It had been 7 days.

A whole week.

That's all he said he'd give me. That's all the time he said he needed. He told me before he left that he would think about it, and that maybe he would return to me in a week. Maybe I would have been forgiven, and maybe he could fix what had been broken.

But he didn't.

He never came back. He never even said goodbye the day he left. Johnathon was out of the door as quickly as he told me that I had left his heart.

It was nine at night. I was laying in the bed we used to share, inhaling the scent of the blanket. The light blue blanket was a gift to me from him on my seventeenth birthday, and it smelled like his cologne and his shampoo.

It made my heart ache.

For the first time in seven years, I felt terribly alone. The silence of the house somehow pounded in my head, and my breathing was quickening.

Tears rimmed my eyes and I opened my mouth to let out a choked sobbed. I was hyperventilating, tears pouring down my cheeks.

"P-pills..." I coughed, springing out of the bed and rushing to the kitchen where I kept my medicine on top of the fridge.

I stood on my tiptoes to reach around the top of the fridge, my fingers grabbing a plastic tube. I quickly retracted it and popped open the cap instantly. I shook it once. Then twice.

It was empty.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath. My breathing still hadn't gotten in control, and I was stumbling around aimlessly.

I was going to collapse soon enough. The overwhelming panic in my body was tiring me out and soon my heart probably wouldn't be able to beat as fast as it was right now.

Johnathon also had a way of calming me down. All he had to do was whisper something soothing into my ear and stroke my arm with that damn finger and I would be back to normal.

But he wasn't here. He was gone forever, out of my life with no regrets.

So as a last resort, I quickly grabbed an old phone book from the top of the refridgerator. I pulled my phone from my front pocket and got ready to dial a number into it.

I opened the book to a random page, running my index finger down the page until it landed on a random name.

Jerome Aceti

With a shaky hand, I tapped the phone number on the page into my phone. Suddenly, the phone book was too much to carry and I dropped it on the floor. I gave a heavy breath as my phone rang once.

Then twice.

Then three times.

Then a few more.

Just when I thought he wouldn't pick up, there was a click as a cracky, "Hello?" came out of the phone.

-x-

new story. trying to get back into the swing of the things! xoxoxo Star