Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Stitches Needed

Fortune for me, the few members of the mansion had made it very clear to both Slenderman and the other Creepypastas that I would be doing no killing or scaring during my stay. The only thing I was to ever do was grow up like a ordinary teenager while taking care of my newfound siblings and family members. Splendorman had taken it as his prestigious duty to educate me along with the regular curriculum that was being taught at high school. And mind you, his tests were quite hard for someone who seemed so light-hearted and free spirited. The rest of my days were spent attempting to entertain myself, which was not a difficult task with the number of companions I'd grown to have.

Despite the regularity of my brand new lifestyle, there was a part of me that desired to peak into the way of living the 'pastas had. What I was intrigued to know about was what the people did— which strangely enough was an answer I did not expect. The Creepypastas were merely teenagers who are a little more unique than others. They all ate regular food, except EJ who ate humans, they all slept at odd times, expect Jeff who never slept, and they all entertained themselves one way or another, which may include harassing random people for the fun of it. In contrast to popular belief, the eccentric group of folks did not kill every single night. Even Eyeless Jack, who was cannibal, always kept leftovers for a few days so he didn't have to go hunting again.

Jesus, I can't believe I could say that without wanting to empty my stomach.

But that's beside the point. One mindless boring evening, I decided to pester EJ about taking me outside of the mansion walls. It had been quite some time since I'd went out, actually. He was on his way to get a meal anyways, so he did not think twice about allowing me.

It was certainly a mistake, however, considering I always manage to ruin well-planned evenings.

Eyeless Jack had been luring a cocky boy named Leonard Norman for quite some time. The 'pasta would give him a few scares in the male's sleep and attempt to make him believe he was insane, to a certain degree. But today was the day that all the work was to pay off. Leo, who was an appalling and evil young man, was finally brought into the forest after two weeks of stalking. EJ had confessed that he only killed those who were undeserving of living, and although he would never admit what Norman had done that was so wrong, I believed him.

Perched against the frame of the towering trees, I felt gust of wind that hurled against my bare face. I trained my gaze to the blue masked male, studying the silence that he had clutched onto. He seemed like a leopard waiting for its prey in that moment. I had to promise to him that I was only to watch the scene, though I knew I would look away the second the actually feasting or killing was to happen. I reminded myself that there were plenty of other tasks I could be doing outside of the mansion walls if EJ's jaunt had left me, in any way, unsettled.

"So what exactly are you going to do?" I inquired softly to the male seated on the arm of the plant.

"Stay quiet." His sharp tone had inevitably silenced me. When he noticed the lack of chattering filling the atmosphere, the cerulean masked boy glanced over towards me. "No— no, I meant I usually stay quiet and wait."

"Ooh!"

"But I'd prefer you stayed quiet too."

"Yikes, sorry . . ." And my trap was shut in record time as a frail, almost jittery, young man paced into the opening. Seeing that he was about to head further into the grounds, EJ snapped a twig, alerting the boy and making him come to an abrupt stop.

The brunette gaped up to the trees, attempting to find the source of the sound. However, he could not catch a glimpse of us, fortunately. "I know you're here." Leo growled beneath his breath. "I know it. I know you're a real person and it's not just a fragment of my imagination. So get your god damn ass over here and show yourself!"