The Starry Night Monologue

*The Starry Night is by Vincent Van Gogh
*This Monologue was written by me inspired on Van Gogh's life

-----

Is it worth it? Is life really worth living?
I made a friend and life seemed to be right for a moment, and then, everything went horribly wrong. The only friend that I've ever had, he left without saying goodbye, without so much as a parting thought. So, naturally my thoughts instantly shifted to what I did wrong, never once thinking that it wasn't my fault at all. My mind kept running in the same loop, reviewing my actions and words. Engulfing me with doubt. Did I say something wrong? Did I do something offensive? What did I do?
Far from being my friend, it turns out that he didn't even like me, and was in fact jealous of me. Me! He was jealous of me!? Someone so lost and alone. Someone so angry and chaotic. How can anyone be jealous of people calling me crazy in the streets and spitting in my face. Jealous of a man whose passionate works of art are rejected and hated. A man who himself is rejected and hated. What is there to be jealous of?
Maybe I am crazy. Crazy for thinking any sane person would want to spend time with someone who see's things nobody else does. But is that so bad? I'm able to see the beauty where nobody else can, the connections between people. I see the hidden messages in the universe, the light in the dark, and the beauty that surrounds heaven and earth. But with the beauty, I also see the pain, sadness, and loneliness, and it sometimes overwhelms me. It overwhelms me to the point where all the darkness devours every last good thought in the universe, and all I'm left with is a submerging emptiness.
So I'm left to wonder again, is life really worth living?

<Any feedback would be wonderful>