The Immortal Hunters

CHAPTER 1

I was in Paris, France. You would think going to Paris was a fun, romantic getaway-but that is not at all what it's like for me. I came here on a mission-a duty rather.

I work for a group of secret agents, who track down immortal creatures of the dark, that twist all the ways of the earth to a dark, wrong nature of power... vampires.

I'm Meridian Jacky, an A listed agent in an agency called the Immortal Hunters. A is the highest ranking agent, making Z the lowest. Being an Immortal Hunter isn't the kid of job that you have an application and interview for. It's a job that gets passed down from generation to generation. And it just so happens that I'm an only child, so I got the family title. Also, it doesn't help that my dad is famous for all his actions against vampires so everyone looks at me like I'm some kind of angel, when really I just want to be normal. But with the Immortal Hunters, that's not really an option.

"Show me what you've got, Jacky" Said one of my friends, Trey Mitchel.

"Ok, but im warning you your face might be meeting the mat a couple-hundred-times."

"Mmmhmmm. But I think the one meeting the mat will be you."Trey remarked.

"You can try, Trey. You can definitely, absolutly try your best. But know I'm still gonna win." I said grinning, as we met at the mat. We had just gotton done bench pressing so he was all sweaty.

Trey was 5'8", and had dark brown hair that was always perfectly combed to the side, yet had a messy touch to it. He was wearing grey sweat pants and a white muscle tee on. I on the other hand, was wearing olive green yoga pants and a burgundy sports bra on. And my curly red hair was bound up into a messy bun.

Trey thrust himself at me in a manouver I'd well known how to dodge. When I moved over it opened up a spot for me to throw a punch. So I illestrated a well controlled-and might I add, painful-punch. His eyes widened in shock as though I wouldn't dare punch a friend. Then his fighting side kicked back in. After some visious hits, I was able to lock his arms behind his back and then pin him to the ground.

"Well done." He gasped.

"Thanks," I replied."Bravo to you too, though you shouldn't of started with that move."

"Yeah, I know that now." He said, as I hopped up and held ot a hand to him, and he jumped right up. We walked over to where our duffle bags were laying on the floor, like dead hogs.

"You're definitely your dads daughter." He said clearly annoyed by the fact that he lost.

"Would everyone stop relating me to him. I love my dad, but I'm my own person. And it's hard enough living up to his expectations, but now everybody is chiming in." I exclaimed. I mean my dad loves me, but he has reallly high expectations for me living up to his killer reputation.

"I'm sorry miss sassypants." I gave him an exasperated look, and picked up my duffle bag.

"When was I ever known to be sassy."

"Uh, pretty much everyday, Idie" He replied, very honestly. Huh.

"Really? The old nickname?" I asked.

"Yeah, and it suits you. So, that's what im calling you. Idie." He replied, and I laughed. Idie was an old nickname I'd once had when we were young. About 11 years ago, if I remember correctly. I was 7 and he was 8. Now im 18 and he's 19, and he remembered it. I could barely remember what I had for breakfast.