Finding Their Fire Within (BoyxBoy)

Start from the beginning

“Maybe the Macro’s are going to the one that was born there.” I offer.

“What if the boy’s uncle is using their Macro to call the others? What if they’re doing something illegal?” one of the guards in the room asks.

My nostrils flared. “Arthur.” He straightens and looks up at me from the bottom of the stairs. “Gather up some of your officers and go to the Tropical Islands. Get the uncle and bring him back to me.” I order him.

He nods. “Yes, King James.” He says and promptly leaves the room.

++

Chapter 1        *Aaron’s POV*

“Uncle, look what Kahl did!” I yell, grinning.

My dragon, Kahl, was breathing fire onto piles of sticks that I put out for him to practice on. He was improving well and didn’t have to pause for a few seconds to find the fire within himself, like he had been doing.

My Uncle ran out of our house and saw Kahl’s progress.

“Good work, Aaron.” He says, smiling. He watches us for a few minutes. “Don’t forget to put out the fires or we might get in trouble with the town—again.”

I roll my eyes. “They overreacted.” I state indignantly and he laughs.

“Sure they did.” He chuckles and walks back into the house.

Kahl had accidentally breathed fire onto the side of the road and it made it all the way to the town before we were able to put it out.

Kahl was the first Macro I had ever seen. Uncle had always told stories about them, but even he hadn’t seen one, but he has seen the skeletons of some in the Southern Kingdom.

I grew up with Kahl and I was born just days after he was born. My mother passed away giving birth to me and my father was killed by a robber just a month before I was born. My uncle was there when Kahl was born and then hurried to one of the other islands to where I was born.

When my uncle brought me back to his farm weeks later, Kahl was walking around. Uncle tells me that when I was put on the ground, Kahl was curious of to what I was and walked over to me. He had sniffed me at first and flinched away from me when I had reached out to him. I had grabbed onto his mouth and he tentatively licked my hand.