Chapter 2

"Nate?"

He raised an eye-brow when he saw me with a look of confusion plastered on his face. He had on a black t-shirt with a leather jacket and some blue jeans that hung low enough that you could about half his ass and wore red converse. Wow, he's changed, if not for his eyes, he would've been a stranger. 

"Do I know you?" he asked sounding bored. I looked at him like I couldn't believe what he just said. "What do you mean, 'Do I know you'? I'm Ash. Don't you remember?" I said incredulously. i'm starting to get worried.

"Nope. Well I've got to get to class." 

I watched him walk away from me and I felt disbelief. How could he not remember me? How? I've waited for 6 years, thinking about him every day, and he doesn't remember me. That's impossible. Since the bell had already rung a while ago, I may as well skip first period. I headed towards the boys washroom and locked myself in one of the stalls. As I sit in there, I feel tears prick my eyes and my vision became blurry. I just sat there and cried for that whole block. When I get home, I'll add a new cut, I thought as I looked down at my wrist and saw my light pink scars. I opened the stall and moved over to the sink. I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were red and shiny. I bent down to wash my face when the door to the washroom opened and shut. I heard the lock click. I glanced to see who it was in the mirror and my heart plummeted through the ground. Shit, shit, SHIT. 

" So the little fag's been crying. I can remedy that." said Rory. He was the person who made my life hell. He was tall and as buff as Arnold Swarzenegger. Well, not quite , but almost. He has short blond hair and blue eyes as cold as Antartica.

I glared at him as he slauntered over, thinking he's god's gift to the world. " What do you want?" I said so coldly and heavy with hate, it would've stopped a stampede. "You." he said while towering over me. He shoved his huge leg between mine and pressed against me. "No. Go away!" I said, but to no avail. He spun me around and bent me over the sinks counter and undid my button. "No! Leave me alone!" He yanked down my jeans while still pinning me down, leaving bruises. He was undoing his jeans when someone came in. Thank god. 

"What the HELL is going on here?" said Nate, taking in the situation of me about to be raped. 

"Nothing," said Rory, " just some fun."  He zipped himself up and brushed pass Nate on his way out. There was an awkward silence until Nate asked, " Are you alright?". I hadn't noticed that I had been hyperventilating, but when he walked closer, it became well known. " Not really." I replied shakily. 

"Has that happened before?" he asked while I picked up my jeans and slid them on.  " More times then I care to count, and each time I was unwilling." He look at me with mixed expressions, the most prominent was pity and anger. 

"That's wrong. What kind of monster does that?" he asked incredulously. " That one."  Well, this turned out interesting, now didn't it? 

"Do you remember me yet? We used to play in your backyard every day when we were young?" I asked uncertainly. 

 "I think so..."he murmured. " Yes!" I said/yelled and tackled him with a koala hug (That's when you jump on someone and you wrap your legs around their waist and they hold you up). He was so surprised that he stumbled but he didn't fall. He wrapped his arms around me hesitently. Ahhhhh, he smells like cinnimon and cloves. Yummy. I inhaled his scent until I realized how weird this was. When I pulled away, I was cherry red and so was he. I have no idea what came over me, but I burst out laughing so randomly that he jumped a foot in the air and caused me to laugh even harder. Soon I was gasping for breath. 

"Haaaa, so. Where did you go?" I finally asked, once I had recovered my sanity. 

"My mother had some buisness up in Vancouver, and then realised she enjoyed Canada." He shrugged after saying this." I told her that I wanted to move back here, and she just said she was going to stay there, so now I live here with Maia. You remember her, right? She's a year above us? My sister?" he asked.

"Yeah, of course." I said. While we used to play outside, she would stay inside with her mother. She used to be really shy, but who knows now.

I slid my phone out of my pocket i glanced down at the time. "It's about lunch. Do you want to sit with me and some other friends? It'll be fun." I said, trying to seem confident, but really I was mentally biting my nails.

"No, sorry. I'm going to leave during lunch. I already have some arangements." he said with a straight face. He seemed to have shut down and became cold and distant. What the hell just happened?

" See you some other time." He said with absolutely no emotion what-so-ever. 

"Bye" But he was already gone.

-------------------

"Ash. Ash. Ash. ASH!" 

"What?!" I said angrily. Skyrae pouted. "I was just telling Lucas about how leprechaun's exist, but they are kept a secret because they are sold on the black market for their brains, which are gummies or sometimes, if you are lucky, they are a sack of sour nerds. Once you taste them, you can't go back because they are so addicting. It's kinda like heroin. But, their blood is also like unicorn blood, which is silver, but theirs' is gold. So to get the blood, you have to drain him while he is still alive or else the blood turns black. So they slit them open and squeeze the blood out."

"So, what do you do with the heart? Do you eat it?" I asked. I thought it was a reasonable question, but she looked horrified.

"What kind of monster eats someone's heart? They still have feeling's, you know. And it's a heart! You don''t eat hearts. That's just sick!" she shrieked at me. I mentally sigh. My friends are total nut-jobs.

"She has a point, man." said Lucas. Lucas was one of those child genius' that you read about. He's skipped 2 grades, and could be in university already, but he wants to be a decent age before he leaves and to have the high school experiance. He's 15 and has longish brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. I always thought he was adorable.

"Yeah, yeah." 

The rest of the day went by in a blur and finally I was back home and I was exhausted. I leaned over for my i-Pod and it started to play Monster by Ghost Town.

"Got a picture of you and the life that we knew, 

Now the thoughts of your body is haunting me"

I looked at the photograph of me and him when we were really young that I have on my bedside table. We were smiling. And I fell asleep thinking of him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So, that was weird and sucked pretty bad. Sorry. Well, whatev's.   What do you think of Skyrae? I actually based that on a conversation I had once during dinner. (My family is messed. I know)  Hope you liked it, vote, comment, you know the drill.