2 0

Sloane smiled down to her phone, biting her lip before sending him another witty text.

Now, Sloane was a girl who could never be categorised.

She wasn't unpopular, but she didn't have many friends. That was completely up to her.

Though she way have tend to joke about love, Sloane herself was extravagantly cynical.

She didn't believe in love, to be exact.

She believed she could meet someone and feel as if she were in love, but only for a while before the truth would come crashing down on her and her heart would be broken into shards that would never match again.

Why?

That she didn't know.

Her father and his wife were in love, and her father and her mother had been until her mother's death when she was six.

A couple of her friends believed they were in love.

People at her work were in love.

Hell, her dog was in love with the neighbour's.

She had love all around her.

But, she still didn't believe in it.

That's what she'd tell herself, when in reality, all she believed was that love wasn't for her.

She wasn't meant to be in love, she wasn't meant to be loved.

It didn't make her sad.

It didn't change anything about her.

It just meant that she didn't trust her own feelings.

That, however, affected the people around her.

The ones who wanted to love her, or at least for a night.

Sloane had the capability of turning every head as soon as she entered a room.

Her golden-brown hair cascaded down her shoulders to the end of her ribs in loose waves, much like a waterfall.

Her eyes were hazel, given to her from by mother.

She was a girl many people wanted to be able to call their own, or at least be able to talk to as often as she talked to Parker.

Sloane was the kind of girl who's smile was really worth something. She rarely faked smiles, so she always seemed so genuine.

Almost nothing about Sloane was fake.

She said what she wanted to say, she wore what she wanted to wear, and she was who she wanted to be.

Even if she claimed to have a horrible personality, that was in no way true.

She was kind, gentle, funny, sweet and beautiful.

She could be sarcastic, persistent and baffling, but whoever she would be speaking to would end up finding all of these traits admirable.

And Sloane was admirable.

She never acted up after her mother's death, even if she was sad because of it so often.

She worked as hard as she could at school, getting the best grades she could.

She was an amazing employee at work, and was always reliable.

Her passion for art never stood in the way of who she was, but only developed on her as a character.

She was the most loyal and caring friend a person could have.

Though she may have seemed perfect, and most definitely was, Sloane never saw herself as so.