LIVIN' JUST ENOUGH: SistaGirlz, Book # 1 ~ Rachael's Story Part 2

Start from the beginning

The angel said, "Rachael, he's a drug dealer. If he wants to be with you, he has to give up that lifestyle!"

Then the devil said, "Girl, you betta take that key and move your happy hips in here! Ever since you gave it up to him, he's been breakin' yo' back on a regular and if you're sleepin' right next to him every night, you can have it that much more! MOVE IN GIRL!"

"Rachael?" Aaron asked bringing me back to reality. "Do you wanna do it?"

"Do what?"

"Move in with me?" Aaron looked at me with expectant eyes.

Considering the fact that my mom and I hadn't been getting along too well ever since she discovered that I never stopped seeing Aaron, I was leaning toward taking him up on his offer. As I looked down at the key, Aaron knelt down on his knees in front of me.

"Don't make me beg, Rachael." Aaron looked so serious, as if his next breath depended on my response!

Damn him!

"Yes."

"Yes?" Aaron stood up and looked up at me.

"Yes, I'll move in with you..."

"YES! SHE SAID YES!!!" Aaron picked me up and spun me around the kitchen.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I exclaimed. "I wasn't done yet!"

"Oh, sorry. Go ahead and finish," Aaron smiled as he set me down on the floor.

Putting my hands on his broad chest, I looked up at Aaron. "I'll move in with you if you stop selling drugs."

His face dropped. After a moment of silence, he said, "What makes you think I still am?"

"For starters, all the gifts you give me are pretty expensive and you can't tell me you make that kind of money from cutting hair at the barber shop," I said.

"Rachael, you'd be amazed what I can get for my haircuts plus tips," Aaron explained with a grin. "Besides that's not the only thing I do to make money so you don't have to worry about a thing, OK, Baby? I'm not gonna do anything to make me lose you, I promise."

"Aaron..."

"Rachael, have I ever lied to you? I know I have some crazy hours but my work schedule shouldn't stop you from moving in with me," he said as he kissed each of my hands before putting the key in the left one. "When you move in, I'll have more reason to stay home. I'm only working to keep from being home alone. Say you'll move in."

"Aaron, my mama doesn't want me to move out until I graduate from college," I stated. "But I'll compromise. We can wait until my birthday."

"Well, if you wanna wait until November to tell her, that's fine with me but you can still be here more than you're over there, right?" Knowing that he was winning his battle, Aaron pulled me close to him. "And the next time I give you a ring box, I promise it will be what you're expecting."

After a lovely meal of fried chicken wings with angel hair pasta in Alfredo sauce, the devil on my shoulder jumped for joy as Aaron and I made love before he drove me back home that same night. Since my mom worked nights, Aaron figured that he and I could go into the house, pack a few of my things for Aaron to take back to his place then I'd go to bed as if nothing was going on.

Mrs. Wallace had other plans for Aaron and me.

Before I could get my key into the door good, Aaron swung me around and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I asked, caught off guard.

"Because I love you and I'm so happy we're finally doing this!" Aaron whispered. "Even though it's just a few things now, you're finally movin' in with me!"