Drnken Rants and Sh...Gubbins

What is the point of fan fiction?
It's just sad little women with too much time on their hands, making fools of themselves, pretending they're indie writers because they can't get published.
Go and iron your husbands shirts dear. There's a reason publishers turn down manuscripts, it's because they're not what the general public want, and they're shit.

That's funny, because I am the general public and the books available to me are shit.

I borrowed six novellas, distributed by a beast of a publishing house from the local library, not one was I able to read till the end.
I won't name and shame the authors with the titles because I'm not a complete cow. I'm criticising across the board and let's be honest...they're all the fucking same anyway.

I'll start with the first subject: The middle eastern sheik who can't find true happiness without the requisite white, Christian Virgin. Has anyone ever considered that this storyline is shockingly prejudiced?
Or how about the boss who coerces his secretary into a sexual encounter? My God, Seriously! I would sue the bollocks off the man.
Then, you have the conscientious heroine who doesn't want to pass on the blight of her dyslexia onto any future children. Blight? I have two dyslexic siblings and a severely ADHD/Autistic child. I can't even begin to explain how that little martyr'd sacrifice makes my blood boil.

The domineering hero who disparages divorce as weak and unprincipled...I have personally seen many marriages both physically and emotionally abusive where divorce was a blessing. And please don't use Catholicism as an excuse, I'm Catholic who knows divorced Catholics...it happens.

People pay real money to big publishers, who pay authors real money so they can peddle this outdated, formulaic crap.

Again and again I see readers desperately crying for something different, complaining that all the books are the same tired un- relatable characters.

Why are they still publishing the same stories?
I'm in my mid-thirties and sometimes the female characters sound like my husbands nan! (Maybe they are written by his nan, they certainly sound like it....#Hi nan)

Is it because they themselves are so frightened by the digital world they're afraid to take a chance on something different? Or so arrogant that they think they know better than their customers?

Is it any wonder fanfic writers are forging their own fantasies? Is it any wonder readers are turning to fresher, real contemporary fiction in indie writers?

Ah fuck this, I'm going to write some porn!