Hey there Delilah (a 1D fanfic)

Ch 1

I walked down the cobblestone streets of Boston, with my hand in the pockets of my boston red sox hoodie. My blue iPod was stuck in the pocket of my darkwash skinny jeans. The song "Rumor Has It" by Adele played through the tiny speakers in my headphones and resounded in my head. My

cheeks were rosy from the cold and stood out against my pale, milky skin. My caramel brown hair flew wildly with the wind, my natural blonde and red highlights flapping in the breeze.

I pulled out my iPod and scrolled through all my songs. I have kind of a weird playlist, made up of songs by people like Adele and Atlantis, old broadway songs like 96,000 from in the heights and more modern, but expressive songs like pitbull and dubstep. I found the song "isn't it ironic" by Atlantis and happily continued on my way. I was meeting my boyfriend, Nick, at Espressos, the local coffee shop, for breakfast. I reached my destination and pushed open the glass double doors, and was greeted by the familiar scent of fresh coffee.

My emerald green eyes flicked around the small shop until I spotted the back of my boyfriend's head. I smiled at his light blonde hair and slowly snuck up on him. There was this thing we did, kind of like and inside joke. One of us snuck up behind the other and covered their eyes with our hands and said "guess who?", and the other would say something totally ridiculous like "hmmm the queen of England?" It was stupid, but since it was us, we didn't care. We were both kind of "outgoing". Meaning, neither gave a California roll what others thought of us. That was another thing we did, we liked to replace cusswords with foods and stuff, because we thought cussing was for wannabes.

I crept over and covered my hands over his eyes. "guess who?" I said in a overly shrill voice. Nick coughed awkwardly and said "um, excuse me?" and that's when I realised it wasn't Nick at all. When the guy turned around I saw this guy looked NOTHING like Nick. This guy had twinkling blue eyes and adorable face structure. Nothing like Nick's amber eyes sharp, handsome features. This boy's white skin stood out, unlike Nick's tan, almost brown skin. This guy was so.... cute? 'No, not cute! You have a BOYFRIEND missy!' I thought, rather quickly.

"Oh sugar cookies! I thought you were.... someone else." I said, my face heating up. Why didn't I say boyfriend? I have no idea. The boy let out a small laugh, and I blushed again.

"It's alright, I don't mind. Why don't you sit down?" he asked, with what sounded like a hint of hopefulness in his voice. I hesitated, taking into consideration both the effect this boy seemed to have on me, which is bad because of the whole "boyfriend" thing, but also how rude it would be to just walk away. ' C'mon Delly, live a little! What's life without a few risks anyways?' my best friend Hannah's voice resounded in my head. So I smiled and sat down. What's life without risks anyways?

"So hey, I'm Delilah, what's your name," I said after a long, awkward silence. He gave me an inquisitive look, before shaking his head and answering.

"Niall, I'm Niall"

I grin before remarking, "So, Niall, your accent is interesting, where are you from?" After he told me the answer to my question, which was Ireland, we talked for a while, and got to know eachother a bit more. I was just laughing at a joke he made about one of his friends. I believe his name was Louis? Anyways, I was laughing, when my foot started buzzing really loudly. Niall gave me a rather inquisitive look, but I just rolled my eyes and fished around in my fringe leather boots, until I found my phone. My phone kind of embarrassed me sometimes, I had an LG Cosmo™, while all my other friends had Androids, iPhones, or Blackberries, so I felt really behind on all forms of communication, but whatever. The text was from Nick, saying:

N: hey munchkin, I'm really sorry but I have an emergency football practice, so I can't make it.... really sorry! <3 you! xoxo- Nick

I rolled my eyes at this, seeing as he almost always had to cancel for something. I sighed, before forcing a slight smile on my face and continued talking to Niall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N so what do you think? Should I continue? Comment and stuff, I'm not really sure how this works, since I'm REALLY supercallafragalisticexpealidociously new.... Bit oh we'll...... Enjoy!!