chapter 2: Aptitude test and choosing ceremony

"Amber Phelan."

My head jerked up, and I slowly stood up and walked to the door. Behind that door was my future, something that would decide the rest of my life. I walked through the door to be greeted by a friendly young woman from abnegation, most of the volunteers were abnegation. She greeted me with a friendly smile. "Hi Amber, I am Lisanne, your aptitude test administrator" her voice was sweet and soft like a fluffy pillow of honey. "Just sit down and drink this and the simulation will start." I sat down in a dentist like chair, I breathed deeply and all my nerves disappeared. I regained all my bravery and felt a bit ashamed for my cowardice before. I drank the liquid and the blonde abnegation women disappeared from my view. Everything is black. 

********************************************************************************** 

I was standing in the test room, the chair was gone, so was Lisanne. I turned around to see the walls made of mirrors and a table. Two baskets were lying on the table, one with cheese and one with a knife. Without hesitation I grabbed the knife and watched the basket and the table disappear.

I heared a growling sound and turned around to see a dog was approaching me. His white teeth were showing and the look in his eyes could only mean one thing: murder. Just as I want to walk towards the dog to threatening it with the knife he turned around, and walks to a little kid. I ran and jumped on top of the dog to stab it in the neck and safe the little kid. 

The room disappeared and I was standing in bus. I looked down at a man who was staring at me. "Do you know this man?" he asked in a stern and angry voice. "Who?" I asked back. The man pointed at the cover of the newspaper he was holding. A scary looking man stood on the front page, and I knew for sure he came from dauntless. "Why?" I asked the man, why did he wanted to know if I knew he man or not. "Because if you just tell me who this is, you'll safe my life!" I started to recognize the man on the cover, a murderer. "It's a murderer, he escaped" I told him. He nods and the world became black again. 

 Lisanne came back in my vision with a concerned face. "Uh... Amber..." She struggled, "you are divergent."  she said without shame. I stammered "wha... What is divergent? What does it mean?" i asked beginning to panic. "It means you belong in more than one faction, in your case you belong in dauntless and in amity..." she trailed of. "AMITY?!?" I asked shocked, amity the peaceful and dauntless the brave in one person? Now that's what I call a good joke!

"But. You must keep this information to yourself OK?" she ordered/asked. "Yes ma'am." I answered. 

*******************************************************************************************

*the choosing ceremony*

I already knew what faction I belonged in and which one I would choose since the day I was born. I was dauntless, I am dauntless. 'But still what if I actually were supposed to be in amity, if I should live my life peaceful and passive. No there was no way that would be it' I thought to myself as I was jumping in the train. 

I looked to my right and saw Uriah and Marlene goofing around, I wondered if one of them was going to leave dauntless, but I quickly shook that awful thought out of my mind. 

****************************************************************************************

We jumped out of the train and entered the hub together with our families. As we rushed up the stairs and headed to the ceremony room the you could feel the thick tension that was in the air, although it was covered by loud (dauntless) screams and shouts. 

I seated in one of the chairs of the dauntless part, on my left my mom and dad and on my right Uriah. The ceremony started and this erudite woman, I didn't bothered myself to remember her name, started talking. When the talking was finally over she started with the list of names. I looked at the white bowls.

Water for erudite,

glass for candor,

grey stones for abnegation,

grass and mud for amity,

and hot coal for dauntless. 

I watched some other kids cut their hand and pouring their blood in on of the bowls, most didn't transfer. Till now on there was only one girl who transferred from erudite to amity. 

"Amber Phelan" 

I stood up and walked to the 'stage' where I am given a knife, without hesitation I pour the blood of my cut hand in the bowl and heard a sizzling sound as my blood hit the hot coals.

A/n hey sorry for the late update and it's very short... yeah I know well uhh bye 

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT