Kiss Cam {Liam Payne Love Story}

I watched, trying to hold back a laugh, as my best friend, Ellie, fussed over what to wear for a Clippers game. Los Angeles was not as cold as our current home, London, so she was insisting on wearing shorts. We had arrived here a few days back to visit Ellie's brother, Michael, who lived in Los Angeles.

"Bonnie, help me!" she said, as she dug through clothing in her suitcase, which was placed on her bed in the hotel room we shared.

"Just wear whatever you want, Ellie," I told her. She spun around and saw me already dressed. I was wearing skinny jeans and a light yellow blouse that reached just below my belly button. She scowled at me and threw on a pair of skinny jeans herself and a red blouse.

"Alright!" she yelled. "I'm ready!"

I giggled and we grabbed our phones before walking to the Staples Center. Michael said he'd meet us there. There was quite a crowd outside of Staples Center, and I guess I got a bit lost.

"Ellie!" I yelled through the crowd. "Ellie, where are you?"

I could hear girls screaming and got a bit worried, but then felt a familiar tug on my brown, wavy hair, which was Ellie's way of telling me which way to go. The crowd of screaming girls was nearby, and I could see a few boys in the middle of it, and a burly man trying to block them. I felt someone grab me and pull me into the crowd suddenly.

"Let me go!" I yelled, my British accent very different from the girls' American one.

"Oh, sorry!" a boy said, in the same accent as mine, startling me, but letting me go. I whirled around to see who it was, but was blocked by the girls. Another yank on my hair, and I was out of the crowd with Ellie laughing.

"How did you get in there?" a man said. I turned around to find Michael grinning at me.

"Not a word, Mike," I told him. "Someone pulled me in there."

Mike and Ellie just shook their heads while laughing, and we made our way into the Staples Center. Our seats weren't too far away from the court. Michael sat in he aisle seat, Ellie in the middle, and me next to her. The first quarter of the basketball game passed, and the seats next to me stayed empty. In the middle of the second quarter, I looked to the right, to see the burly man leading five boys into the row.

The first boy in line was the one who sat next to me. He had short brown hair and the same color eyes, and was wearing a pair of white skinny jeans and red Converse, with a blue plaid button - up shirt, which was buttoned to the collar.

The second boy sat next. He had piercing green eyes and brown, curly hair, which was nearly swept to the side. He was also wearing red Converse, his skinny jeans a khaki color. He wore a white shirt with red edged stitching, a navy blue blazer with white trimming near the color on top.

The third boy had dark brown hair, which was messily swept to the side, and light blue eyes. He wore a white shirt with black stripes up to his chest with vibrant, red skinny jeans and white Converse.

The fourth boy had a mix of blonde and brown hair which was spiked at the front and had darker blue eyes. He wore a bright red Ralph Lauren polo shirt and beige colored skinny jeans with navy blue high tops.

The fifth and last boy had jet black hair that was styled at the front and chocolate brown eyes. He wore a white shirt with a navy blue letterman jacket over it and also wore khaky skinny jeans, but with maroon high tops. They seemed oddly familiar...

"Bonnie," Ellie hissed in my ear. "That's One Direction."

Now I knew why they looked so familiar. They were Liam, Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn, if you put them in the order in which they were seated. They were the reason the girls were screaming, and the thought of one of them grabbing me before seemed very awkward, now that they were sitting next to me.

At halftime, Ellie and Michael announced they'd be leaving their seats for a few minutes.

"Just getting popcorn," Ellie assured me. "I'll be back."

"I've got to use the lou," Michael said. I had no intension of being alone with One Direction, seeing that the burly man was no longer there. I took a sip of my bottled water and stared at the big screen, where the cameramen were showing images of the audience goofing off. At one point, I got a bit bored and looked down at my iPhone, hoping to occupy myself until Ellie and Michael got back.

"And tonight's Kiss Cam is brought to you by..." the big screen roared.

I caught glimpses of old couples, teenagers, and parents sharing a kiss in front of twenty some million people. I tapped my foot to the song "Kiss Me" that played in the background, before I put my phone away. I felt a tug on my right sleeve and looked up to see the whole stadium staring at me. I looked up to see my own face on the kiss cam.

Even worse, so was Liam, who was sitting next to me.

I looked at him and we shared a look before he cupped my face with his hands and brought his lips to mine. As he kissed me, I hesitated then put my hands around his neck and kissed back, hearing gasps and whistles from the people around me.

I couldn't believe what I was doing, and worried the burly man would come and break us apart. so I pulled away, seeing that we were no longer on the big screen. Liam and I both shared confused looks.

"Oooh, Liam," I heard Niall say. "Hubba hubb-" Zayn slapped a hand over his mouth.

"I-I'm terribly sorry," I said, and got up from my seat. I ran down the aisle and up the stairs, smacking right into Ellie.

"Bonnie?" she said. "What's wrong? You look pale."

"I'll just be at the hotel, alright?" I told her. "Not feeling well, is all. I'll probably take a kip or something. See you." I hurredly ran outside without hearing a reply from Ellie. I wiped away the tears of embarassment, and was about to cross the street when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to be face to face with Liam Payne.

"What is there to be sorry for?" he asked, putting his hands on my shoulders. "It's my fault anyway."

I heard a giggle and saw cameras and girls around the corner.

"Come to the Hilton tomorrow morning," I told him quickly, hoping the girls and paparazzi wouldn't kill me. I leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Those girls and paparazzi will hear if I talk here and now."

"Alright," he said. "See you tomorrow... I didn't catch your name."

"Bonnie," I told him. "Bonnie Clark."