Genie.. My Love

CHAPTER 1

START

I yawned and stretched my arms and legs. I had been sitting here and talking to myself for as long as I can remember. Everyday felt like a déjà vu. It made me wish I have more things to do than just sit here on the couch and stare at the walls. It made me wish I could manifest a human in front of me so that I have someone to talk to. 

Urgh! Boredom will kill me!

Heaving a deep sigh, I changed the color of my short spiky hair – from green to bright orange – just to have something to do. The room was already clean. I cleaned my room manually – again just to have something to do – so there is really nothing left to do to kill more time.

“Urgh! Can somebody just kiss this stupid book so that I could freely go out?!” I shouted, hoping that someone could hear me.

But there was no answer. I peered outside my book but it is too dark to see anything. It is too quiet too. Sometimes I wonder where my book landed after I granted the three wishes of my last master. Did I land in someone’s closet, balcony or worse in a chest buried deep down in a very secluded island.   

I wonder when this endless suffering will end.

I went back to my bed and forced myself to fall asleep. 

After one month…  

Fuchsia pink.

It is the new color of my hair. A month had passed and I think I had used all the colours that I know already. It scares me to death. The only things that are keeping me sane right now are changing the color of my hair and cleaning my room!

I need a new hobby. 

I changed the color of my hair again and is about to sleep when I heard a squeak and two different voices – a male and a female voice. I immediately stood up, my heart hammering through my chest, and tried to listen to the two new comers.

At last! Humans! I am not in a chest buried deep down in an island!

“What are we doing here in the attic, Christine?” the boy asked.

I am in the attic? Why did it take those two ten years before they decided to visit this place anyway?

“There might be something in here that we could use so stop talking and just help me,” the girl answered.

There is something in here that you could definitely use! A book!

I went to the cover of my book to see the humans. There is a boy with short brown hair wearing a blue shirt and baggy shorts standing at the corner of the room. Then the girl, whom the boy called Christine, passed in front of me. She have long black curly hair that reached her waist and is wearing an oversized white T – shirt and black jogging pants. She looked to be at the age of around sixteen to eighteen. It isn’t easy to tell because of poor lighting.

“Look Kenneth! There are lots of books in here!” the girl exclaimed. 

He snorted. “You know I hate books.” 

She rolled her eyes slowly. “Reading books won’t kill you.”

Kissing a stinking book will not kill you too Christine. Kissing my book will set me free and in addition, your three wishes will come true. Take me! Take me! Take me! You will not regret it!   

“Sorry Christine, but I really can’t stand the deadly smell of this room… and I have to go to the lottery with Angelle and Krisha today.” He covered his nose and left the room.