The Dragon Arise

This book is now a published novel on Amazon.com and Createspace.com as well as many others. It is available in paperback and kindle for those who want it. Check it out!

wattpadprize14

The Dragon Arise

Written by: Mariah and Corey Brotzman

Chapter 1

Once upon a time there was a magical land in a.......just kidding! This isn't one of the story's. That line "Once upon a time is used way to much. My name is Mariah Cratty and I live in Elaster. I'm a girl with wavy brown hair, shiny brown eyes, and I'm 16 years old.

My life is pretty normal so I'll start with the day everything turned crazy. It was Saturday morning and I was in my room sleeping, but then my dumb brother, Corey, changed my alarm clock to 6 o' clock and now I can't go back to sleep. So now I'm getting ready to go camping with my brother. I went down to breakfast and my mom wasn't cooking pancakes and sausage.

My mom is a 5 foot 5 inch, black haired person. Her name is Cristina Cratty. Every day she'll make me and my brother breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She does all the cleaning, also. The only thing I have to do is my homework. As I was saying, I sat down in a nice, cozy kitchen chair and waited for my mom to put some food on my plate. But no food came. I got up and went into my brother's room to find him playing the x box 360. My brother is about six feet tall and has brown short hair. It is always messy even though he pays it so much attention. He has brownish green eyes and freckles across his nose. He was playing his favorite game Call of Duty, not even noticing my worried expression.

"Hey, Mariah, want to play Call of Duty?" He asked, eyes not moving from the screen.

"No, I don't. Corey have you..." I started.

"Alright, suite yourself." He mumbled.

I asked," Corey, I can't find mom anywhere. Have you seen her?"

"No, I haven't. Are you sure you looked hard enough?" Corey said, finally looking up from his game.

"Yeah, I looked everywhere." I said.

"Hmm, maybe she went shopping." Corey said, thoughtfully.

"She doesn't go shopping on weekends." I said.

"Well, I don't know where she is then." Corey told me.

"Come on, let's go look." I suggested.

"Fine, but I'm telling you that there is nothing to worry about. You'll see." Corey said. So we went looking all around the house, but couldn't find our mom. Then I saw something under the couch. A piece of paper was under it. I picked it up and read:

Dear children,

I have kidnapped your mother. Unless you give me what you stole, your mother is staying with me. I will give you 10 days to bring it to me.

See ya soon,

Mr. E.

I handed it to Corey and he read the letter and with each line his face went harder and harder. "This can't be happening. We didn't steal anything. At least I didn't st....."

"You think I stole something, do ya?" I said irritably.

"If the shoe fits." Corey snapped.

"I did nothing." I stated.

"Yes you did." Corey said.

"Actually, I think you did....." and CRASH!!!! Something blew up in front of us and we flew backward into the wall. My vision went a little fuzzy for a few seconds but when I had total control of my eye sight I stood back up. I shook my head checking for a concussion. Then I stretched my arms and legs, I seemed fine. Corey likewise lost his vision but had obviously had trouble regaining his sight. But soon he too was standing up. We both look down to see giant watermelon sized egg in front of us. It was a brilliant shiny blue with streaks of silver in places. It was beautiful. Imagin the most beatiful thing you have ever seen, mix it with the second most beautiful thing and you still wouldn't be close to what this egg looked like.