Part II: "Ugh!"

Our EBH has somehow, someway come to exist on a tiny speck of a rock floating, spinning, orbiting a brilliant fireball, in what seemed like an endless void of a universe. And his questions remained: How? Why? When? And, by who's hand? By what means?

The EBH does not know, and sadly, will never know the answers to any of those questions. One of those eternal mystery things.

But assuming, just for grins and giggles, EBH was brought to this rock by, oh, let's say parents, his people, a dying society, for his own good, his own safety, or perhaps, while we're toying with ideas, perhaps brought here as an exile, to separate him from his culture for whatever reason, dropped into an uncharted, alien, albeit survivable wilderness, to fend for himself.

Whatever the case, either of these two, or any of an endless list of other possibilities, EBH should have quickly gotten over what he didn't know, and started focusing on what he did know, what he saw before him: He was in a survivable situation.

But that's not what he did.

Instead, EBH opted to sear, to pout, to essentially  behave as a neglected, abandoned child, throwing tantrums and breaking his toys, in this case, destroying and poisoning his only means of survival; the sustaining resources provided by his rock.

Maybe EBH remained angry because no note was left by Mommy, promising to return some day. Maybe he was frustrated because no instructions were left as how to best survive on a strange, unfamiliar rock.
More angering and frustrating could have been simply not knowing from where he came, or why he was left.

No map home. No number to phone home. Nothing.
EBH, simply woke up one day to find himself standing in the warmth of a brightly shinning sun, under trees laden with sweet fruits.

He walked through wild gardens of tasty vegetables growing in abundance.

He waded through clear flowing rivers teaming with nourishing fish, and  wondered among  animals of every conceivable kind as they roamed the hills and valleys, edible ones and hard working beasts of burden.

He watched  birds of every description and color as they filled the skies, others as they nested, laying white, brown, and speckled eggs.

I'm sure he looked up as quenching rains poured down from blackened skies, washing all periodically.

No, EBH didn't just wake up to find himself alone and in dire straights, he woke up and found himself in paradise.

If he was in fact  "abandoned," if he was in fact left to fend for himself, for a short period of time, or for all time, whoever, whatever transported, delivered, deposited him onto the surface of this rotating sphere, this speck in a vast void, could  not have chosen a more supportive, sustaining rock.

But back to reality, because it was not just a matter of EBH not accepting his awakening in paradise; it was not just a matter of not bringing himself to simply embrace his good fortune. No. EBH harbored a deep seeded, all consuming obsession, compounded with a growing anger and an equally deeply seeded savagery.

EBH was not satisfied with being supported, nurtured, sustained by his rock, prison or not; and, on his Sun vanishing each evening, on the multitude of other rocks illuminating the black canvas that was a collection of universes, EBH only laid back and stared; stared, knowing somewhere among the twinkling space rocks he was looking upon was his true home.

Now, please recall I explained that all EBHs possess a conscious. That inner most self that distinguishes one EBH from all others.

But, as with his origin, as with his destiny, no EBH, none, not a single psychologist, not one psychiatrist, certainly no self-proclaimed Shaman, of any organized religious cult, can claim to have knowledge of the humanoid conscious. Oh, many will claim such knowledge, but, that is their delusion.