The Hunted: Prequel Novella to Blood of a Werewolf

T. Lynne Tolles

Version 1.1 March 25, 2013

Copyright © 2013 T. Lynne Tolles

ISBN:

Edited by Erin Potter of Shamrock Editing

Blood of a Werewolf

First eleven and a half chapters

T. Lynne Tolles

Version 10.0 October 31, 2013

Copyright © 2013 T. Lynne Tolles

ISBN: 978-1-453-7980-2-7

Edited by Tina Winograd

License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Amazon.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Publisher’s Note:

This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, places, and events are the work of the author’s imagination or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, locals or events is coincidental.

T. Lynne Tolles

THE HUNTED:

Prequel to Blood of a Werewolf

Devon approached a black Audi TT in the badly lit parking garage and hit the unlock button on his keychain. He was fully aware that he was being followed by someone or something but showed no sign of that knowledge to his follower. This wasn’t the first time he had been in this kind of predicament; he and his brother Blake had spent most of their adult life on the run. Some that came after them were better than others, but when you lived the kind of life Devon and Blake did, you learned a few things along the way.

His pursuer—a heavy set man, badly dressed, with no agility whatsoever—was mediocre at best and Devon had detected him almost as soon as he had left his office building. Devon had reasoned that this man used his mass and strength to overcome his victims, not nimble prowess.

Devon could see his own reflection on the car as he reached for the door handle. Even as he feigned unawareness, his dark eyes searched for his attacker in the reflection. He caught just a glimpse of the lumbering man making a dash for him in the darkness.

Devon skillfully spun around as the heavy-handed man grabbed at him from behind. Devon was deceptively strong for his just under six foot tall, lean stature. He used his body weight in his spin to propel the briefcase in his hand into the face of his attacker. The weight of the laptop within served as an added kick to the man’s face, leaving him stunned and bloodied from a newly split lip.

Devon’s attacker quickly steadied himself and threw a punch. Devon sidestepped the punch, surprising the man, and slammed the opened door of the Audi into his body, pinning him between the car and door. When Devon pulled the door open again the man moaned, staggering forward where the door had been. Devon locked his hands together and slammed them down hard on the back of the man's neck, rendering the man flat on the ground and out cold.

Devon grabbed his briefcase with what he knew contained a smashed laptop. He grumbled as he tossed it into the car onto the passenger’s seat, then jumped in and started the car before he’d even closed the door. Slamming the huge man’s body into the door had sprung the door’s hinges and it took three attempts to get it to close well enough that he could drive the car.