The Potters

It was late at night and the great wizard Albus Dumbledore stood outside a muggle home. 

He was like nobody else with his long silver beard and hair, long robes, and healed boots. A cat  was sitting on the wall next to number four privet drive and was staring at him. 

He chuckled at the cat and waved at it "Hello Professor" he said to the cat. 

As he said this the cat looked as though sighing and then transformed into a woman as if by magic. 

There now stood a strict looking woman wearing emerald green robes and glasses that matched the markings around the cats eyes.

"Hello Professor McGonagall" he told her. 

"Hello Albus, is it true, the things that have been going around are hard to believe" she asked him. 

"Yes Lord Voldemort is no more" he told her. She flinched at his name, as did all wizards, out of fear of the dark wizard.

"But their saying that the potters are dead and their children were the cause of his downfall" she asked concerned. Dumbledore had a devastated look on his face.

He nodded " Yes they were both killed by Voldemort" he said. Professor McGonagall flinched at his name. 

"Oh Albus poor Lily and James they were so young" she said sobbing. 

He nodded "There was no better two people" he said to her putting his hand on her shoulder. 

Professor McGonagall composed herself. "And the children were not killed lord Voldemort?" she said shocked. 

"Yes it was the strangest thing, the minute he tried to kill them the curse backfired and killed him" he explained.

 "How is that possible Albus that after all the people he has killed, he couldn't kill two babies?" she asked astounded. 

"I do not know my dear professor but it will be a mystery that haunts me till the day I die" he said solemly. 

"Where are the children now?" she asked him.

"Hagrids bringing them" he told her. "You trust him with this?" she said shocked. He nodded "I would trust Hagrid with my life" he said to her and she nodded.

 At that moment a flying motorcycle landed in front of the house from out of the dark night sky. 

A man who was over eight feet tall with wild black hair and a long beard got off the bike holding two bundles of blankets in his thick burly arms.

 He walked over and handed them to Albus. "Hello Professors" he said ."Everything went ok Hagrid" Dumbledore asked him.

"Yes Professor, Serious Black lent me the bike and I got them out of the rubble just fine" he told him. "They will be living here now" Albus said to the two of them. 

Professor McGonagall peaked into the blankets to see a little boy with jet black hair and a lightning shaped scar on his forehead.

 In the other blanket was a little girl with dark brown hair and a lightning shaped scar next to her right eye. 

"I that where it happened albus?" she said pointing at the scars. He nodded "Yes and they will have those scars forever" He told her.

McGonagall looked shocked at him "Albus these people are the worst sort of Muggles and these two children are famous and every child will know their names" she said.

"They are better off growing up away from all that and these muggles are their only family" he said setting the sleeping children down with a note on them. 

Hagrid cried "Don't worry Hagrid this isn't goodbye but the beginning of greater things" he said patting his shoulder. 

The three wizards disaparated and the two children slept on that step. It was such a shock the next morning when Petunia Dursley stepped out the next morning to put out the garbage.

Ten Years later