one.

I tucked the strands of wavy, brown hair that fell out of the messy bun atop my head, behind my ears and rested my hands on my hips as I took in the room before me. After three seasons of Friends, six extra-large coffee's and a box of pizza I had finally finished unpacking the last box.

The little apartment was perfect for me; with the light brown hardwood floor that flowed through-out the whole house, the black cabinets and curtains popped against the white walls, the bedroom had an en-suite, and the balcony over looked the entire city. It was an added bonus that the University campus was only a three minute walk away.

It had always been a dream of mine to come to New York to study, the City has always appealed to me which was odd coming from a small town in Canada. I was so excited when I received my acceptance letter for the Nursing course at NYU. I picked up the brown coffee mug and empty box of pizza from the coffee table and placed them onto the counter. The best thing about the apartment was the dishwasher; a gift sent from god himself. I placed the cup in the washer and made my way down the hall towards my bedroom. I reached into my dresser and pulled out a pair of grey sweatpants and a white top and quickly changed before falling into the bed. I was barely under the covers when I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning on my way to class I stopped at the little Hipster-looking coffee shop on Campus, I had enjoy the Candy cane Hot chocolate during my previous visits to Uni and decided I would add it into my morning ritual. The coffee wasn't busy but due to the group in the back it was loud and smelt faintly of cigarettes and cheap perfume. I winkled my nose as the smell intruded my senses and glanced over their faces. They were all extremely gorgeous and made me feel self conscious about my own looks, I however aren't unattractive pre-say but just plain average looking.

One of the boys must've sensed my stare because his green eyes tore away from the blue eyed , blonde haired boy who was speaking with an Australian accent, and scanned the shop before his eyes landed on me. He was the most attractive one in the group of eight. His messy, blonde hair was push back into a beanie and his skin was pale, he pursed his pink lips and furrowed his brows at me. Most likely trying to figure out what I was thinking about. I pulled my eyes away from his face to look back at the little group. 

On his right he was sitting next to man with spiked up blue hair and beautiful green eyes. To the left of him was a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes, she was pale almost a sickly pale but at the same time she looked like a super model. She was dressed in ripped, light blue skinny jeans and a long sleeve salt and pepper top that showed off her cleavage perfectly. From the way she was leaning into to him I could tell the were most likely together, or maybe she wanted to be.

"Excuse me Miss." A voice called out snapping the attention of the group who all turned towards me, catching me mid-stare. I blushed a deep crimson and turned my head towards the voice. The Hot chocolate I ordered was nearly inches from my face and the little ginger teen had an annoyed look on his face. "Your drinks getting cold."

"Thank you." I mumbled as I reached out and grabbed the hot chocolate, annoyed at the kid for causing attention to me. Before turning on my heal and quickly exiting the coffee shop I decided I would never come here again.

The rest of the walk to class seemed to fly by considering I was mortified with the kid for causing all that unwanted attention, and I managed to arrive fifteen minutes before my first class. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one there, a few other students must've decided to get a good seat. I climbed up the stairs and sat on the seat on the third row, and placed my Macbook on the ledge that was attached to the back of the second row's seats. I decided to check my emails to see if my mother had sent me yet another hundred emails since we last spoke Thursday.