Glowing Eyes

***Disclaimer: There will be some touchy subjects about suicide. Soooooooo if you get triggered easily, and not in a joking matter, I suggest you don't read this... unless if you can handle it, of course.***
-
-
-
-
I walk out my bedroom door to get a drink in the kitchen. Turning on the tap waiting for it to get cold, I notice the street lights outside my window. How pretty they look, how it felt green-red-yellow, but mainly yellow. For the first time in a long time, I had an appreciation for something.

"Tyler?" I get startled but only to realize it's my mom. "Hi." She gently walks up behind me. "Why are you up at 2:26 in the morning?" I look down, unfocused of the town. "I just wanted to get a drink of water" she looked over to the kitchen, seeing my glass sitting on the counter. "Okay, well once you're done with your water I want you to go to sleep. You have that appointment with reconnect tomorrow and I don't want you to be tired." I nodded. "Okay." I turn around to face her "goodnight mother" she smiles. Oh how I love to see my mom smile, it feel kinda redish orangeish. "Goodnight Tyler" she turns around and walks back to her bedroom.

I turn and face the window again and I start to feel like somethings missing. I start to have an appreciation for the decor of the night, having it reveal what my dream's are. I sleepily walk over to the kitchen, take one last drink and put the cup in the sink. I then head to my bedroom, and lay in my bed, staying up for a few minutes but slowly start to close my eyes.

Beep beep beep be- my hand hits the clock. I yawn, groan and stretch. I hear a light little knock on my door followed by a creaking sound. "Tyler are you awake?" I look over to my door and see my mother's pretty smile making her face glow. I nod, sleepishly saying "mhmm... just woke up." She nods "okay. Breakfast is ready if you'd like. Then your appointment starts at 11:30 so after you eat get ready to go out." I let out a low smile. "Okay. I'll be out in a bit." She smiles and closes my door.

I look up at my ceiling, watching my fan go round and round. I stretch once more and rub my eyes, motivating myself to get up. I sit at the edge of my bed looking down and my feet and finally getting up.

I open the door to my room and walk out to the kitchen and notice pancakes with bacon. I smile and grab a plate, putting some on the plate and walking back to my room with the plate in one hand, fork in other. Once I get to my room I close the door and sit on my bed, grabbing my drawing book. I turn to the almost last page and continue drawing the pair of eyes I started, taking a couple of bites of my food in between my breaks and shortly continuing.

I look out the car window watching the vehicles and houses pass by, looking at the house numbers trying to remember them but shortly forgetting them. "I don't see why I have to go. I'm perfectly fine, mom." I exclaim while still looking out the window. "We've talked about this before, Tyler. And I keep on telling you that it's because of your mental illness." I bite the inside of my lip to show a bit of anger, silently saying "I don't have a mental illness..." all she did was sigh and continued focusing on the road.

"Hello. I'm psychiatrist Enderby but just call me Susan, welcome to our 5th meeting of reconnect, we have a new member. Tyler Joseph--" I suddenly get nervous after my name was called upon. My breathing patterns get messed up and I start to get shaky, not focusing on the words of what she was saying.

I stand up thinking of a way on how to get out of this. I look around counting the people around me. 16. I look down trying not to focus on the 32 glowing eyes looking up at me. I close my eyes, breathing starts to calm, heart pounding.

"Tyler? Are you alright?" I inhale, exhale, and inhale I again. Then quickly say while exhaling "I'm Tyler Joseph, I-I'm 17 years old a-and..."

I look up not knowing what to say. "It's okay if you're a little nervous, Tyler." I bite the inside of my lip. "It's not okay" I mumble kind of agressively. She nods as I sit down trying to calm myself down.