Ridgeway-On hold

This story is not rated because I am not sure what would be an appropriate rating yet.

These events are fiction, and the names used may be a real person or celebrity, but they are not the same as the acual people.

I may add a rating as the story goes on. I will try to update reguarly! :)

Enjoy my story!

XOXO,

April_M_16 (aka A)

29...5...33. My locker studdered open with a clang. Today was the first day of high school and I was already running late for class.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hey!" My bestie, Alli squeals with excitement! "How was your flight from Washington?" She asks. "Pretty good. Some kid kept kicking my seat, although I got used to it after a while," I force myself to put on a slight smile as I put my afternoon textbooks in my locker. I slam my locker shut and head towards my first class at Ridgeway High School, Alli by my side.

We have AP English together and ASL class 5th period. My lunch is 4th period along with the rest of the 9th grade. "So how's your mom?" Alli suddenly blurts out. "Um...she's alright. She took up yoga, and was obsessing over her garden," I let out a slight giggle for probably the first time since I got back. My parents got divorced when I was 4, so I barely remember what it was like before they were split. My dad lives here, in Raleigh, North Carolina and my mom lives up in Seatle, Washington. My dad married again and had 2 kids, a girl and a boy. The girl (Ashley) is 11 and the boy (Carson aka Carcar) is 8. Carson hates when I call him Carcar, which only makes me want to call him that more. My stepmom is cool and feels more like my mom than my birth mom does. I call my stepmom "Mom" and my birth mother "Alizse", which is her actual name. She used to scold me for calling her that, but she eventually gave up on arguing with me about it. My step mom is funny, talks to me like I'm her daughter and acts like it too. My half siblings are pretty cool, but like all siblings can be very annoying (most of the time). My little sister comes to me to talk to sometimes whether its with school, friends or art. I have a passion of art, whether its music, painting, stetching or singing. "Kate? Did I lose you?" Alli says, waving her hand in front of my face. "Oh sorry Alli, I was just dreading 1st period," I say flatly. She nods and we walk into AP English with Mr. Brewinsnyder.

By the time lunch rolls around, I'm starved. Alli and her friend Emilie meet me at my locker so we can walk to lunch together. "Hey Kate! How was Washington?" Emilie asks, puling me into a hug. "Good," I say pulling away to put my things in my locker. "How was your summer?" Emilie smiles. "Oh my summer was great! Thanks!" I plaster a smile to my face as we walk to lunch. The smile is somewhat real, but not entirely.

Alli leans over and whispers to me during lunch. "Did you see Alex? He's so hot. Do you remeber when he was that scrawny 8th grader with messy hair? He must have gone to the gym twice a day over the summer!" I let out a slight giggle and peek over to him. Alex appears to be walking to a table where the football and basketball jocks sit. "Wait," I say surprised. "Is he on the football team?" He chest bumps one of the guys at the table. Emilie smilies across the table, and laughs at our whisper whisper convo. "You guys are funny," Emilie interjects. I glare at her. "Evesdropping, are we?" I say teasingly. Emilie laughts. "No, he's on the basketball team," Alli says, seeming compltetly unfazed by Emilie's remark. "His jersey number is 52," Emilie says, now playing along. "And he's point guard. The leader." I burst with laughter. "Who's the stalker now?" I ask Emilie with a smirk. "I never said you were," she says, glaring at me. "He's wearing his jersey you derp," Alli says, lightly punching me in the arm. "Oh," I say looking down to my shoes. "Also, the people on the announcements always say that he played strong as the pointguard. Don't you listen to announcements?" Emilie says. I tilt my head at her. "Hate to break it to ya Em, but no one listens to the announcements." Emilie shakes her head in protest. "They do when they say Alex Foster," Alli says dreamily. I'm laughing so hard, I'm starting to wheeze. "Shut....up....I....." more wheezing, "....can't....breathe."

In the midst of our laughter and stalkerness, Alex got up, walked to the trash, and was standing at our table. Our table. We aren't the cool kids table, so what is he doing here? "Hey," Alex says, giving me a slight wave. I freeze. Can't. Breathe. "Uh-u-h-uh, hi," I studder. "What's so funny?" He says, eyes wide with curiosity. "Kate here just told a really funny joke," Alli blurts out. "Oh, really?" Alex says. "Can I hear it?" I giggle. "I'm sorry, it just slipped my mind," I say nervously. "Well if you think of it..." he says grabbing a napkin, and pen from his pocket. "Give me a call," Alex says, giving me the napkin. On it is a number, neatly written with his name under it. Alex Foster. Alex Foster just gave me his number! "See ya guys later," he says, giving me, Emilie and Alli a slight wave.

**********************************

I am giddy for the rest of the day, squeaking with excitement everytime I speak. I sure did embarass myself in front of Alex 7th period, social studies with Mrs. Cornwell.

She called on me for the answer to a multiple choice question while we were grading our most recent test. When I said my answer I squeaked really loud and everyone seemed to chuckle. Alex just winked at me and I gave him a mysterious glare. Alli would have laughed and made fun of me, thank goodness she wasnt there.

I trudge to my bedroom, my snack of cheese and crackers in hand. All of a sudden, Ashley pops out of our towel closet located right next to my bedroom door. I drop My plate and chesse and cracker bits go flying in all directions. "What the heck?!" I shout. "Surprise!" Ashley says, giggling. "That was meant for Carson, when he came to find me. But this works out just as great!" She trots off in triumph, not stopping to help me clean up my mess.

Mom comes running, asking what's wrong. "Ashley just popped out of the closet," I say pointing to the closet. "And said that she was going to scare Carson when he came to find her. Where they playing hide and seek or something?" I ask, hoping my sister hasn't gone insane in that pretty little head of hers. Mom nodds. "I believe they were. Sorry she scared you honey. Want me to go talk to her?" I shake my head. "No. No, it's fine. She's only 11, hopefully she'll grow out of this craziness," I giggle as I speak. "Since your here, mom...could you help me clean all of this cheese and crackerness up?" I ask smiling. "Hmm.." she says. "Crackerness? Is that a new word?" I laugh. "Well, it is now!" We both laugh for a while before cleaning up the mess I caused. Well really, ashley caused it. It's all about the details.

What mom doesn't know is why I seemed so cool with Ashley scaring the crap out of me. I am in my plotting stage. Ashley will see what a good scare looks like. I'll even record it for her...

************************

Hey guys! This is my first note I've added in the story.

What do you think Kate is planning?

Leave a comment to tell me what you think!

XOXO,

A