Frigid Heart

Hey readers,

This happens to be my very first werewolf story, I hope you it ! And please, leave feedback for me. (:

Thankyouu!!!

Chapter One

 I could hear the pounding of my feet as I fled scarcely from the small shed out the back paddock to the house. A large white wolf on my tail. My hammering heart felt as if it were to explode in my chest and my legs were screaming out in pain, but I didn’t stop. I was not going to let this wolf get to me.

Fleeing up the small porch steps I didn’t dare to look back, it would only hold me back. Tugging the handle of the front door, it didn’t budge. I let out a cry of frustration and kicked the door as hard as I could. Swinging wide open, I dashed forward, ignoring the growls and snarls coming from the wolf.

Swinging around a corner, I quickly glanced in every possible direction to find a hiding place. From the lounge to the kitchen I looked for my easiest alternative; the walk in pantry cupboard. Closing the door shut as fast as I could it soon became complete and utter silence, even my heart had felt like it stopped.

I heard the tinkling of falling glass from a broken window, and the snuffling sound of a snout pressed to the floor. It was the sound of a hunting wolf; a wolf shifter.

 I could hear the click-clicking of the creature’s claws on the wooden floor. The musky, foul smell of wet animal fur combined with the meaty breath of a carnivore, drifted into the room. My eyes began to water and I tightly pinched the top of my nose to get rid of the foul odour.

 I heard two thuds of heavy feet outside the pantry door. My breathing was the last thing on my mind; I tried to keep quiet and as still as possible.

I searched repeatedly around me to find anything that I could use as a weapon. Feeling my way around the cupboard, I nearly kicked myself with anger when two glass jars knocked into each other. The two doors immediately opened, revealing not a wolf, but a tall, masculine man.

He was almost half a metre taller than me, but at the moment every other detail was irrelevant. All that I did manage to focus on were his mesmerising emerald green eyes. We held each other’s gaze for a few minutes until I realised he was bringing his hand out to me.

Quickly pulling an olive oil spray can off the shelf, I sprayed it in my attacker’s eyes. Pulling back, he growled as he rubbed the oil out of his eyes. However, I did not waste any time. The minute he pulled back I took a run for it.

Pounding down the back porch steps, the cold wind pierced my skin as I turned and fled around the side of the house. Hearing a long, slow howl, I gasped . . . I was so dead.

As I sprinted further and further down the dirt pathway beside the road, I could hear the terrifying sound of the creature’s pounding feet. Faster, faster, I commanded my legs, panting desperately against the fear choking myself.

Turning around the corner, I did a loop and ran as fast as I could back to the house. All of a sudden I felt the wolf snap at her back leg and the sting of teeth. Falling to the ground instantly, I let out a cry of pain.

 The wolf veered away from me suddenly, and I felt a rush of hope. I could no longer hear the wolf now and couldn’t see it in the cloud-darkened night.

 Letting out a small sigh of relief, I determinedly got back up and limped back to the house. Making it as far as the driveway, my heart stopped in panic as I saw the shape of the white wolf as it stood balanced on the porch railing right in front of me.

The wolf lunged for me and I fell under the weight of its body, hot blood spilling all over the ground. I felt like I wanted to vomit, my stomach was lurching and I began to gag uncontrollably.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

I instantly opened my eyes, looking up at the ceiling, I blinked a few times before rubbing them; trying to free the nightmare that I had just been haunted with. Sweat covered my body and had saturated my clothing. My ragged breaths and hammering heart began to slow down to a steady rhythmic beat and calmed breaths. I shuddered, shaking free of all the negative thoughts and images that was ruminating through my mind.

Slowly sitting upright, I realised that there was still the thick cover of darkness outside. The luminescent lights shone in through my window, strange . . . Usually mum turned them off after she went to bed. Scavenging around the room for a jacket of any sort, I tugged it over me.

A loud bang on my door instantly turned my bones, ice cold. It vibrated my whole room and the bed that I had now curled up into a ball on. After a few seconds it was complete silence.

“W – Who’s there?” I asked stuttering, frightened to even be awake at this point in time.

There was no answer. In its place was a feint growl that echoed through my room. I froze; my body was in full blown panic mode as I felt myself shivering and trembling. This was it. The wolf was here to get me.

With the soft click of the door handle, I prepared myself for what I was about to expect. My frail body was hunched at the head of the bed. I could feel the cool, hard metal bars pressing deeply into my back. I winced at the pain, but my body wasn’t even focused on that, it was focused on the threat that was about to enter the room in any minute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to Vote, Comment, Add to Library.! :)