Witches And ghosts

Her face was sad.  She floated around the room.  Her eyes were light blue and suddenly staring into mine.  The room suddenly got cold. The way she looked at me sent an electric shiver up my spine.  She started to step forward and everything i owned started to turn in to rotten food with each step she took my heartbeat started to beated faster.  Each step she took brought her closer.  Her face mutated into the face of an old man.  His steps started to slow down.  By the time he got to my bed my eyes flew open. 

I sucked in a breath.  “It was only a dream”, I said, reassuring myself.  I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes.  Then took a look at the flashing red numbers on my clock.  It was 4 am.  It was another 4 hours before I had to get up.  I was terrified to go back to sleep, so I wondered downstairs to get something to eat. 

I was starving.  I went over to the fridge but everything reminded me of my dream. So I decided to see what was on TV.  I knew there would be nothing interesting but that was better than nothing.  I flipped through the channels and settled on a show called 'How to do a séance".  I sat and watched TV for a couple of hours,  then went upstairs to get ready for school.  I put my blue blazer on.  I didn’t bother to wake my mum up she’d know where I was and I’d send her a text when I got to school anyway.  

I looked at the time again 7:30.   "I’d better get going", I thought and dashed through the door.  When I got to the bus stop Hannah and Daisy were sitting on the red plastic seats. 

Daisy was wearing a skirt and tights.  She was grasping her cuffs wishing she had worn her gloves.   I sat on the bench but it was freezing cold and I jumped up again. 

“What happened Lav”, Hannah asked.   “Nothing, just didn’t expect the seat to be so cold”,  I laughed.  She looked at me. “It’s not cold, they have fitted heating into this bus stop”, Hannah looked at me with her beady eyes.  “You come sit here then”,  I said raising an eyebrow.  "Fine", she said and as soon as she sat down she was almost immediatelystanding up again.  “Oh sorry I didn’t believe you Lav”, Hannah smiled. i turned my back to her to talk to daisy mimicking Hannahs words.

Daisy stood up and stuck her arm out to signal to the the approaching bus.  I stepped forward so I could get a good seat on the bus but Hannah had already shot onto the bus in front of me.  She was very fast and she sat in the seat I was hoping to sit on next to Daisy.  I had to go upstairs and ride to school alone. 

I don’t really know why I am friends with Hannah because she is annoying and I don’t like her at all I hate her.  Daisy called up the stairs “Lav we are getting off now”.  I peered out of the window.  This wasn’t our stop it was a rundown estate.  I quickly jogged down the stairs. 

“Why are we getting off here?”,  I asked looking at Daisy.   Daisy looked at me and shrugged “ Hannah wanted to get off here.  Something about ghosts or a boyfriend.  I didn’t really understand what she was talking about”, she said still shrugging.  Then Daisy turned, looked at Hannah who was getting off the bus and looked back at me.  

“I don’t think this is a good idea Daisy”, I said.  

“Me neither”, she replied. 

The doors closed and the bus started to move.  “I hope she will be okay”, I daisy said. ‘I don’t i muttered under my breath so daisy wouldn’t hear me. We both sat back down.  I decided to tell her about my freaky dream.  “It could be a sign.  Maybe there’s a ghost of an old man who feels like a young girl”,  she said looking very serious. 

“An old man who feels like a young girl? hum, i really think a gender confused ghost is stalking me”,  I laughed.   She frowned at me “Maybe we can do a séance thingy”, She said.  

“Sure”, I agreed.  “Come to my house after school.  I watched a TV show about it this morning.  Maybe we can go get the stuff we need on our way home.”   I smiled. 

“Sure”, Hannah nodded.  I could tell she was very excited and so was I.  

When we got off the bus the school bell had already started to ring.  “Quick!  We need to get to class”,  I said,  already running through the gates to my form room.   When I arrived, Mr. Harp said, “Good afternoon Miss Lavender, please come to me after lunch so we can talk.”   I gave him a brief nod as went to sit down.  Daisy arrived in the classroom puffing for breath I waved her over  “Why are you so out of breath?”, I asked her.  “Why are you not?”  she said, answering a question with a question. “Hey I asked you first”, I said pointing at her. 

“Well I ran the long way here hoping to catch a glance of Thomas”, she said blushing.  Thomas was the new boy in our year and Daisy fell head over heels for him when he arrived at our school.  I don’t understand why she is attracted to him but I won’t bother asking.  When school was over Daisy and I realised that we had not seen Hannah all day. Daisy started to get worried.  I put my hand on her back, “She might have gone home.”  I said reassuringly but even I didn’t believe it for one second.

When we got off the bus we started towards the supernatural shops to get the stuff we needed for our séance.  Daisy looked around at the potions while I looked for a sénce kit I wasn’t very sure what i was looking for. I came across a box with a massive sticker that said Guaranteed communication with ghosts in blue writing ‘I found what we needed’ i shouted looking around the store for Daisy when i spotted her she held up a rather old looking book. 

"Shall we get this too?" She asked already starting to look at the pages.  "The lady behind the counter said we can have it for free”, she said excitedly. “ Yeah, OK”,  I shouted back as I got the last of the stuff such as candles to make an ery mood . I Went to the counter and paid for the items and as we were leaving the lady grabbed my hand and told me to be careful because the dead are not a force to mess with. When me and Daisy got to my house i opened the door “mum i am home”, i shouted and run upstairs so i couold hid the sénce stuff because ghost stuff usaually freaks her out and id get in trouble for buying it. I ran back down stairs  “do you want to go upstairs and start now"?, I asked “yeah sure”she walk to the stairs the stairs creaked as we went up to my room. I opened the door to my room and sat on the floor and took our séance items from the bag. “We can summon the dead with this stuff” she said peering over the free book we had received. “I don’t want to summon some dead guy”,i said “or girl”, daisy corrected me..

Daisy protested “fine if she isn’t a ghost the salt won’t hurt her right”,i said “fine ill call her now”, Daisy said as she drew her phone from her pocket and walked into the seating room. She soon emerged back from the room “she said she’s going to bring someone with her”, Daisy said shoving her phone into her pocket.I sat down and tried to remember the séance “okay”, said to myself as i set up the ouija board and placed the counter on the top then i looked at Daisy ‘Shall we start’ She looked weary ‘Shouldn’t we recite a prayer or something to protect us from evil spirits or something’ I knew she couldn't relax until we had done some kind of spell ‘Fine then’ I got up and sat in  front of the computer and googled ‘Ouija board protection prayers’  and found one fairly quickly ‘Okay It says we have to hold hands recite it’ I said while printing it off. we sat either sides of the board and held hands and read out the prayer in unison’

"In the name of GOD, Jesus Christ, The Great Brotherhood of Light, the ArchAngels Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel and Ariel, please protect us from the forces of Evil during this session. Let there be nothing but Light surrounding this Board and its participants and let us only communicate with Powers and Entities of The Light. Protect us, protect this house, the people in this house and let there only be Light and nothing but Light, AMEN !"

The room grew colder as we spoke.

We let go of each others hands ‘It says we must not our hands off the counter without the spirit saying good bye otherwise we may let spirits in our house’ I said as we put our fingers on the counter. ‘Is anyone there’ I said. The counter moved slowly towards Yes ‘Oh my’ Daisy breathed ‘What’s your name’ the counter slowly spelt ‘Shelby’ Daisy looked at me signalling to me that she wanted to ask a question so i nodded at her. ‘Are you living in this house’ she asked the counter pointed at yes.