FACELESS

FACELESS

There I was in the middle of nowhere with my bag full of candy, so full by back was aching. walking alone in the middle of the night with no idea where I was heading with the street lights slowly dimming to a near darkness and the blowing wind whispering a hunting moan.

Rustling here and there from the woods behind made me aware of the creature that had my nerves on high alert and explained the feeling I had of being watched.

As I walked, my feet shaking with fear, my adrenaline slowly building, all I could think of is if I was anywhere near my girlfriends new home. With only the moon to steer my path and my shadow as my companion I felt alone.

I walked along the deserted street hoping to see Dyen's new place around the corner. As I neared the corner I heard a distant whimper and sob I walked toward the direction of the sound to find a little boy at the age of 5 maybe he looked like he had curly black hair and shabby clothes, he was sitting under a very dim light. I slowly walked towards him. As I reached out to touch his shoulder he turned around to face me, hand covering his face his curls falling and covering his forehead ."What's the problem little ....." before I could finish he took his hands off his face only to reveal something I thought I'd only see in horror films. I slowly started backing off, in utter fright I turned and ran .

I ran. I ran even though I could barely feel my legs from all the fear coursing through my veins. I'm sorry Dyen but I forgot all about you. With my heart racing I ran down the block after a few minutes of running with no stop I noticed a large bage house, Dr.Dolves house, my uncle. He's more of a father since mine died long time back. I ran to his door, screaming and pounding ... but I could hear the louder pounding of my heart.

The door slowly opened with a creak that echoed down the dead silent street. I looked around hoping the noise didn't bring any unwanted attention. As my eyes finished searching the area and turned to the man at the door ...all I wanted to do at that point was DIE. The man just like the kid on the street was faceless. A large man with no mouth, eyes and nose. Just, unlike the little boy the man had straight midnight dark hair. Then with a heavy Italian accent he said "balc'he". At that point after all I had seen that dark Halloween night. I let the dark eagle I was looking for carry me away to the dark night

..............................................................................

opening and closing my eyes shut at the same time. I winced at how numb my legs were.

This wasn't a normal day. I didn't wake up after a long sleep on my soft bed .i didnt wake up to the birds who love chirping outside my window, I didn't wake up to dynes phone call, her beautiful melodic voice waking me up .

Instead I woke up in a dark leaky room. two shadows in the corners of the room. all the memory of the night before came rushing back I started thrashing in the chair I was tied on chains burning into my skin must be silver because lately that stuff has been burning me the moment I come in contact with it .The air I was breathing slowly scraping my lungs .

" your finally awake " a voice hissed from beside me. I snapped my head to look at the owner of the voice that sounds like it belongs to a snake. a lady stepped out of the shadows with tainted red lips that made her look like a wild cat dipping its mouth in blood . she had a deadly but also very appealing posture. her eyes were pitch black but had a red ring around them, they looked like they held the world's most darkest secrets. Her hair long straight and black cascading down her lower back. Her face was so pale like she didn't have any blood in her body . The only color she had were on her lips and eyes along with the short black dress she was wearing.

"It seems like the moon goddess won't stop trying to bring her children down the earth" she hissed behind my ear causing to shiver in fear. 'The Moon Goddess' words I thought only the animal inside me will ever say.. it meant they knew my secret ... a secret I kept locked up for a long time.

"what do you want from me and who are you"

"Boy, I'm the vampire queen and that man there is the head of all hunters" she said nodding her head in the other side of the room to the other figure hidden among the shadows

"you don't even know me " growled not trying to hide the beast inside me

"Of course I do Garrett. I know about you, your Mate . I know your thirteen with your dirty blonde hair. You're a good child but I'm sorry I would love to see you grow up .. your kind tends to be good looking ,well built and big enough for my taste and it's been a long time since I had my fun with your kind.." she purred in my ear seductively causing me to flinch a bit. " But sadly we can't have you walking about and bringing your kind back to life."

all I could do is crunch my face in disgust the thought of me and her in bed together and she's the reason why there aren't others like me... for the first time I felt lonely. as if reading my thoughts she said "don't worry you won't be alone for long.. your going on a trip garret."

I looked at her like she was crazy only then I noticed a syringe with some white grayish substance in it she pressed it into my skin and let the substance rush into my veins . the substance I knew automatically was silver because I felt my companion since birth grow weak my whole body felt like it was on fire I couldn't move because of the cuffs that held my wrists and legs and my only companion through life gave the last howl in my mind and I watched as its huge black body fall and turn into an ash cloud that disappears in the dark corners of my mind .

the lady came over to me once more and whispered in my ear " tell you dad Mercedes says she misses him... Mourir " with my eyelids getting heavy I saw the man who was suppose to be the head hunter step out of the shadows...

"Good bye son"

are the last words I hear from my uncle

and this so called Mercedes used to be my dad's best friend, and apparently his killer.

With all the thoughts in my now darkening mind. I close my eyes but instead of the dark eagle I'm in a large forest. I see a large wolf that I once could only see in my mind, as I reach out to stroke its soft fur ,I get sucked into its body and there I lay in darkness at the back of its mind while it runs in the forest with its pack as the Alpha.