Seven Children of Death

Darkness...

All there was the darkness, and the cold wind whoosh through the forest and waters. Death looked over this darkness and smiled.

How wonderful. He thought. The Darkness is so beautiful, and yet I feel so empty.

So Death opened his arms, and from his cloak he brought forth a creature of darkness.

This creature once had legs, but suddenly disappeared once he had stepped foot onto the ground. Now forever destined to slither on his belly for the land doomed him to walk forever on his ribs. Death smiled down at his first creation and said.

" You shall be called Serpent, and as harmless you may seem, hidden within your fang is my poison."

Death was still lonely and decided to create another. So once again he opened his arms and from his black ghostly coat; he brought out another creature of Darkness.

A great monster appeared, and crashed down into the waters below, and as the flood raced up the land; grabbing a hold on the trees and brought them down with it. Death smiled again, and said.

" You shall be called Leviathan, and as you take lives with your power, within your jaws lies the gateway to my kingdom."

Death was still alone, and as he opened his cloak he brought forth his third, but his arm got caught in a branch and messed up his spell.

Therefore this child was different from his older siblings, and a dog with a coat blacker than the night, and eyes that glowed white appeared. He turned to Death, and in sensing his power and darkness, he ran away from him. Death watched as he ran away and frowned.

" Foolish dog, you run from me? I, who has given you life. If you don't serve me then, you will serve no one. For the shadows will always be here, and no other can conquer me!" he yelled out.

Death would do the same thing four more times.

The Great Black Widow, alone forever, filled with lust.

The Beast, that came from the sea, filled with lies.

The Pale White Horse, his stallion, filled hate to those that are happy.

And his final child who holds red shining eyes, and on his head a fake crown, the Dragon, the one who ends all.

These are the seven children of Death, and all were born to spread the darkness, and follow him.

The days would remain dark, and the nights even darker. Death was happy, and felt as if nothing could challenge him. For his children would protect him, and they were infused with all of his power. The monsters were no better than Death. They did their Father's bidding, and in return they received immortal riches.

All except one...The third child, the Black Dog. Though his coat reflected nothing, his eyes glowed white and saw the through his Father's lies. He refused to harm any soul, for he knew that in his heart they did not deserve to die. This made Death unhappy, and many times forced the Black Dog to follow him for he reminded him constantly that he was nothing but a child of darkness.

For there was no other that conquer him.

So the Black Dog decided to walk into the the forest, and looking back on the dark and blank world; he knew that this wasn't where he was suppose to be. He left without anyone noticing, but in his heart he knew that not even his Father would care. For he was a failed piece of Darkness....a mistake..

It was there that he saw something hidden, within a tree, a small white light glowed. The Black Dog, curious, walked up to it, and saw how beautiful the light was. He had never seen the light, and for the first time he felt happy. The light appeared to him and seem to smiled.