CHAPTER 1: FALLEN STAR

(The oldest story ever told are written in the stars. Stories of time before man and gods, when Titans ruled the earth. The Titans were powerful but their reign was ended by their own sons: Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.
Zeus became king of the heavens. Poseidon, king of the sea. And Hades,
tricked by Zeus, was left to rule the underworld in darkness and in misery. It was Zeus who was believed to create man and man's prayers fed the gods' immortality.
There are gods and there are men...and there are those in between. There are also those believed to be tales told to children, the elder gods, powerful entities from a universe far from ours. As time passed, words about these mythical legends faded into thin air.
Mankind grew restless. The humans began to question the gods and, finally, rise up against them. Into this world, a star fell, a star that would change everything.
Zeus finds the star but doesn't let his fellow gods know. Instead, he sends the star to Spyros and Maria, a fisherman and his barren wife.
In Sparta, On a stormy and rainy night, the star falls in Maria's farm. Spyros and Maria sees a bright light in their farm. They walk with a fire torch into the farm hearing the cry of a baby. The bright light dims and they see the baby with strange inscriptions and symbols on its right arm. Spyros and Maria finds the child as a gift from the gods. They take the child as their own and name him Alexio meaning protector. Alexio's arrival that night breaks Maria's barrenness.)

[Years after.
Spyros walks closer to Young Alexio who is thinking of having a sibling.]

SPYROS : What is it son?
ALEXIO : I'll have a brother or a sister soon?
SPYROS : Think we're gonna love this child differently to the way we love you. We won't.
ALEXIO : This child will be yours. Me... [turns to Spyros.] I'm no one's son.
SPYROS : I am your father, Alexio. Maria is your mother. And you will always be our son. The bond between us is... it's much more than flesh and bone. The love we have for you, it's that love that gods and kings fight over. I've never understood the gods. But even I don't question that you were sent here for a reason. And some day... that reason is gonna take you far away from here. But not tonight, eh? [Young Alexio smiles.]
[Maria comes to sit with them.; As they
watch the stars at night)

[Alexio then turns 20. Spyros tries to haul his net from the boat.]

SPYROS: [calling.] Alexio!. Alexio!
[Alexio hurries to Spyros and grabs the rope.]
ALEXIO: Getting frail, father? [He haul's the net. while Spyros grabs the net.]
SPYROS: [calling.] Maria! Maria!
(Maria turns to Spyros. The net is up
and there isn't any fish) Another day,
nothing! Caught on the reef! To whom do I direct our gratitude for this glorious bounty?(Alexio simply goes back to read Aria a story)
MARIA: Spyros, please....not today
SPYROS: Poseidon!, Zeus! Who do I thank, Maria?
MARIA: Thank the men who provoke them.
SPYROS : They destroyed my last boat. They put a plague on your farm, They take from us what they want! We're their slaves!
MARIA: The gods gave us life. For that,
we should be thankful.
SPYROS: I'm tired of being thankful for
scraps. I'm a fisherman. Alexio is a
fisherman. They've even taken that away
from us. What we are. Still they want us to love them anyway. One day, somebody's gonna have to make a stand. One day, somebody's gonna have to say: "Enough."

(Nightfall, Alexio is on the boat, looking at the stars and the rain is about to fall heavily. Spyros walks to Alexio)

SPYROS: Just like the day you came to us.. I know you have questions, son. I wish I had the answers.
ALEXIO : I have everything I need. Right here.(Spyros smiles. Alexio embraces Spyros)

(Dawn, Spyros and his family sets sail. Alexio keeps playing with his kid sister Aria, all around the boat.)

SPYROS: look...the great statue of Zeus.(they turn to Zeus's statue)
ALEXIO: it's huge..(suddenly, Spartan soldiers begin to pull down Zeus's statue)
MARIA: no...no, what are they doing?
ARIA: father, I'm scared..(she holds Spyros's hand)