Prolouge- Macy and Ella

"Macy? We're are you?" I jump out from behind Ella and scare her half to death. "Macy! Don't scare me like that next time. " She says annoyingly. We have an awkward moment as Ella's mum calls us for dinner. We both run down stairs. It's a thing we do, we see who can be there first. I always win of course. Anyway, we race down the old yet sturdy oak stairs that creak on the third step from the bottom. As we reach the dinner table it's neatly set out. There is an array of different foods. Almost like a platter. I can see pasta, a rice dish with a green paste, an egg dip. Or something like that anyway. I note the big dessert in the middle. Ms.Bostwick calls it a "Strawberry Bombé Alaska" Whatever that means. Anyway we did in to the meal after saying thanks to Ms.Bostwick. We devour the meal almost like that. But Ella doesn't have any Rice. I don't find it too out of the ordinary. We finish dinner and I offer to help Ms.Bostwick clean up. She declines and just tells us to run along and play before bedtime. We race up the stairs into Ella's room to play Barbies.

Later, Ms.Bostwick tells us to get into our pjs and get ready for bed. I trudge out of the room after grabbing my pyjamas. 'Jeez mum. Why My little pony?' I thought as I slid the bright pink pjs on. We both hop into a bed fort Ella and I made beforehand. We both sleep on a single rather than use the top bunk. We lay there nearly drifting off to sleep. I hear snoring from Ella next to me,
And an old clock. Ella stops snoring. I lay there almost in silence except for the clock. A loud banging sound resonates from the hallway. To scared to move I lay there in silence hoping it was just Mr or Ms.Bostwick doing something in the kitchen. I hear walking as the door creaks open. I think it's mr.Bostwick so I open the fort and see a weird half human half butterfly or moth. It's huge eyes stare at me with a creepy smile on its face. It approaches the bed and opens the fort with one hand almost touching me. It then rips off the blanket and makes a weird choking sound and opens its mouth to show huge mandibles that were dripping with a green slime that only one could say was acid or poison. It's figure could scare even the greatest horror writer. It picks up limp, sleeping Ella with its weird disfigured arms and opens its mandibles. I feel fear rush though me suddenly. I try to scream but I'm paralysed. I watch as it bites the head of Ella. I manage a scream. I hear someone walk up the stairs as it grabs me. My last sight before I was eaten by this thing was Mr.Bostwick walking in and giving a devilish smile and a wave goodbye.