Part of Me is You

Chapter 1

"Don't do this to me, Natasha. Don't leave me alone." A very handsome man with a honey-like voice said. He was wearing black clothes that emphasized his big white wings. His hair was bluer than the ocean and his eyes were two shades of blue, sky blue and oceanic blue.

Although he was handsome, his eyes held deep sadness that can pull you into the deepest part of the abyss.

A beautiful woman with four semi-transparent wings was standing in front of him with a dead little girl in her arms. She stared at the girl with eyes that held two shades of red, a blood-like red and a lighter red.

Her knee-length hair was fiery red just like the girl she was holding tightly.

"I have to do this. Nobody else can save this girl but me. I am willing to exchange my life for her. She will not remember who she is when she wakes up and it is up to you to find her and remind her. I will leave a mark on the shoulder that can help you recognize her." Natasha hurriedly said.

"I am still against this, Natasha. You are the queen of the fairies. You have to think about the future of your people." He firmly said.

"I am. This girl is my successor. You either promise me that you will help her or I can find other people to help me on this. Your choice."

He hesitated for a moment before answering, "I promise that I will try to do my best to help her."

Natasha gave him one last smile and was satisfied with his answer. "I shall begin the ritual then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad brought me to a place where the wind blew free. The orange leaves of the trees dance together with the wind. The animals enjoy the breeze and prepare for the harsh winter. It was in a forest with hills at the end. It's a beautiful place but there were cases that people were saw going in but they never came out.

"Rita! Don't go too far or you might get lost! Your mom would kill me even if she's already in heaven!" My dad jokingly said as he checked our supplies.

I've known him since I was born but sometimes, he can be a little bit like a stranger to me. Ever since I was young, I already had the intelligence that I was not supposed to have. I think older than my actual age and sometimes my dad would look at me as if I was a psychopath.

The solution that I found to avoid circumstances like that was to act like a child that he expects me to be. By the way, I'm currently 11 but I think like a 16 year old teenager.

I feel very resilient. My reddish hair follow where the wind takes them. My puffy pinkish cheeks grow brighter every time I see a new scenery. There were autumn leaves on the ground that crunches every time I take small steps with my tiny feet. "Ok" I replied. "What are we gonna do here, Daddy?"

"We are going to take these medicines to the village on the other side of the forest." He said while fixing some stuffs in the bag. "The travelers said that there was a shortage on supplies and that many of them are already dying. We can't just leave them to die, can we?"

"No." What is this? A medical mission?? Ugh.

Dad said that the issues about the lost people in this forest was only a myth to keep illegal loggers at bay but I can feel something different and the mark on my shoulder was slightly hurting. It was the first time I felt it hurt ever since I was born with it. It was a beautiful design of swirls and unknown symbols. Dad said he tried researching it but nothing came up so we left it at that.

Due to my excitement, I walked a little bit farther and saw a yellow winged butterfly fluttering by. It circled me once then suddenly, I couldn't move my whole body. "Come with me, little child." I heard a sweet voice saying inside my head. Did the butterfly just speak to me??