viii. corny jokes

viii. Corny Jokes

{ Demi Lovato - Nightingale }

   I rolled onto my side, and slowly opened my eyes. The bright streaks poking out from the window creaks made me wince. I closed my eyes again and turned the other direction.

"Harry?" said my mum, knocking at my door. I slowly opened my eyes, and I smiled a bit. "Honey, you need anything?"

I shook my head, and licked my dry lips. I slowly pushed myself up, and winced. She bit her lip, and walked towards me.

"I'm fine, mum." I said, as she sat down on the edge of the bed. She placed her hand on my knee, and nodded.

"You sure? Because last time you promised me that I had to visit you in the hosp.." her voice cracked. I frowned, and placed a hand on her cheek.

"Mum, I'm fine. Just need to get on my feet again." I said, and smiled softly. She pressed her lips onto my forehead and I sighed deeply.

"You want to talk about it?" she said, and I shook my head. I looked down at my bandaged arms, and bit onto my lip fiercely. I bit at the skin until I tasted blood.

"Stop that." she said, and I furrowed my eyebrow. "Your biting your lip to hard, Harry. You've been doing that since you were little."

I sighed and nodded. I looked down at my hands and saw a quick flashback of what happened. I felt the tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Oh, baby." whispered my mum, and hugged my softly. I closed my eyes and tried to get the image out of my head. I hugged her tightly.

"Is it my fault mom?" I whispered. She kissed the top of my head.

"No, baby." she promised. I hugged her tighter and heard the door crack.

"Harry?" said someone and I looked up to see Gemma. I smiled. "Hi little brother."

"Hi little sister." I said, sniffling. She giggled and came to sit down on the bed.

"How you holding up, Haz?" she said, and hugged me tightly. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm okay." I said, and I felt as my mom got up. She smiled and left. I turned back towards Gemma.

"He's doing okay." she whispered, and I nodded. Louis.

"C-can I see him?" I asked, and she shook her head. I closed my eyes and covered my face with my hands. "D-does the media know?"

"No, the boys have kept this very low key. Your fans know you visited the doctors, but that's pretty much it." she informed, and rub my back. "Your holding up, right? He needs you."

I shook my head. "No, he doesn't." I said, and she shook her head.

"That wasn't your fault, Harry. You have to stop blaming yourself!" she said, her voice spiking. I nodded.

"I'm sorry."

She sighed and kissed my shoulder. " How do you make a tissue dance?"

I looked at her. "How?"

"You put a little boggie in it!" she said, and I smiled softly.

"Gemma, shut up." I said, and pushed her playfully.

"What did one eye say to the other?" she said, and I raised my eyebrow.

"Between you and me, something smells." I groaned and laughed softly. "See? That's what I wanted to hear, my little brothers laugh!"

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks little sister." She smiled and hugged me tightly.

"I'll ask around if you can see him." she said, and I nodded. She smiled and sighed. "Stay strong, okay? I'm just one text or call away."

I nodded and watched as she left. Leaving me to myself again. Alone. With nothing but my thoughts to accompany me...

{ a/n: HOGGY SHIT! THIS STORY HAS 400 READS! LIKE HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? I LIKE .. AHHHHH. THANK YOU SOSOSOSOOS MUCH! ♡ }

comment challenge-

Do you want comment challenges or nah?