One Word

Welcome aboard!

In this contest I will give each contestant a word from a random page in a book. This contest may have more than one round, but the rounds will not be cumulative. Each round will feature a new book and I will take suggestions for a book from you guys. (Although I'll probably have to go to a book store and awkwardly search for words).

Each contestant can enter as often as they want: Every time, every other time, or just once. It's up to you.

I will take entries of any form really. Whatever comes to you when you see the word. It can be a poem or a short story. If you feel you can do it, your story can be as short as 20 words, or as long as 1500.

The idea of this "contest" is to help YOU.

I have looked long and hard for a contest I can compete in and I cant find any that fit what I'm looking for. This contest will allow you to think freely, but also give you a mold to form your ideas around. There will be no pressure on length in this contest. For me, it is quality over quantity. You will not "eliminated" from future entries for missing one and you can join at any time.

I'm hoping that this contest will help your brains form new ideas and keep your imagination rolling.

But don't worry, there will be prizes for those of you who win. I may change the prizes based on the number of competitors and the difficulty of the competition.

-the prizes will be awarded almost in a "first come, first serve" level. I know that each one of you is different and has different goals. The person who receives first place will be able to choose which prize they want, then the person in second place chooses from the remaining three prizes, and the person in third place will be able to choose one of the two prizes left.

----- I will read and give you feedback on any one of your works (published on Wattpad or not) (If it is a novel, I will read the first chapter and any chapter of your choosing)

----- I will personally edit any short work or chapter of your choosing

----- one follow, vote, and a work of your choice will be added to a reading list

----- A shout-out on my Twitter feed

I will judge the entries personally based on grammar, content, originality, and so on. This will NOT be a popularity contest.

Please enter your name below if you would like to participate. Later on, you can comment on the "chapter" of the contest you would like to participate in.

You can message me privately if you have any concerns or questions! See you soon