1

Jughead sat in Pop's, as usual, guiding his fingers along his laptop's keyboard, writing his novel on Jason Blossom's death. He took another small bite of his burger, wiped his hands, then started typing away once again. This went on for 5 more minutes before the blonde girl next door walked in.

She saw Jughead and started walking towards his booth. "Hey Juggie!" The ecstatic girl said. She sat next to him and looked at his screen.

"Hey Betty." Jughead didn't move his eyes from the screen.
"Watcha typin?" She smiled brightly at him. "My novel. Did you get anymore information or anything for the new newspaper?" He stopped to take a break and looked into her shining emerald eyes.

"Eh, not really. Sorry." Her bright smile turned into a slight smirk. "It's fine." He barely smiled in reassurance.

There was a moment of silence. Betty looked down at her hands.

"How has your mother been?" Jughead asked, shutting his laptop.
"Just the same as always, unfortunately. She's been calling me Polly recently but screaming at me of course. She doesn't like me hanging out with anyone. She wants to isolate me and I don't know if I can take it anymore." She looked up at Jughead, feeling her eye ducts watering.

The emotional blonde she was, it was normal. "I'm sorry, Betts." Jughead patted her shoulder. He wasn't skilled at comforting people, as he's never really had to since he doesn't have any friends other than Betty. It may sound asshole-ish, but it's the truth.

"I'm always scared of going home, daily. I never want to leave school or cheerleading practice. Ever. Cause as soon as I walk through that door I-" Betty broke down into tears.
She leaned into Jughead's shoulder as he hugged her. 

"Shh, Betty. Shh, it's ok."
She sniffled and calmed down enough to speak. "You know, Juggie, maybe no one really cares about me. Veronica didn't when she kissed Archie an-and Archie didn't when he shattered my heart. Maybe it's what I get for chasing around someone I'll never win. My parents certainly don't care about me. May-"

"Betty, stop." He grabbed her arms and pushed her off of him to look straight into her blood-shot eyes. "I don't want to hear you say that. Never. I care for you Betty. Archie and Veronica care, ok? They made a mistake, but no matter what, I will always care and worry about you. You're the last thing left that's important to me. I cannot loose you." He cupped Betty's face in his hands

She softly grabbed his hand and rubbed it with her thumb, smiling. She leaned in and kissed him gently. 

He pulled away and hugged her tightly. "I love you, Juggie. Thank you."

"I love you too, Betts."

------------------------------

I'm jealous of Betty tbh. I would date Jughead if he was real.