The Monster Within

Author's Note~ This story was inspired by the BIGBANG song Monster. That is, without having read the translated lyrics. Possible similarities may occur due to my little knowledge of the band themselves and my uncreativity of monster designs. Ill also have you know that there will be several diary entry like things and I've never written in a diary before so I apologize for any odd formatting. Oh, and there will be swearing so if you don't like don't read. Enjoy. :)

May fifteenth, 2099. Overcast.

Today's the day. I'm finally going to help Zorak escape this hell hole. I pray that the plan works.-

"Gyyyyyaaaaah!!!!!"

A terrible scream split the air, making the ears of those close to the source bleed. The sound was filled with rage and pain. It was the roar of a monster.

Sitting in the middle of a closed in, barren field, surrounded by cringing men, was that very monster. Grotesque at a distance, it was covered in feathers and debris. Yet, if inspected closely, it appeared to be human. That is, almost human. It stared blankly at the sky, apparently still in shock from the bomb that had landed near it earlier.

"Zorak!!" A woman's shill, desperate scream reverberated in the monster's mind. Slowly it lowered its head. Said woman came into the monster's view. She was running toward it. Seconds later she was by its side, grasping its arm and trying to make it stand up. Noticing that the woman was saying something, the distorted being tried its best to hear. Her words were incomprehensible due to the ringing in the monster's ears, but it could make out the pleading tone the woman was using. Upon hearing this, something in the creature snapped, as if it had woken from a long dream. Picking the exhausted woman up, the monster began to run at full speed. Out of the cages. Through the basement under the twenty meter wall. Out of the building. Into the forest.

This monster runs. It runs to freedom.

-The plan worked.