Until Tomorrow

Michael snuck up behind Juliet and placed a hand over her eyes, “Surprise,” he whispered into her ear.

Juliet giggled, “Who is it?” She turned her petite body around to face Michael, and leaned up onto her tip-toes to kiss his nose. Her eyes glistened happily as she stared up at his handsome face, and blushed when she saw him staring right back at her.

“Hi,” she whispered, blushing.

 He buried his face in her wavy long light brown hair, “I missed you,” he murmured. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into a tight hug.

“I missed you more,” her phone vibrated in her jacket pocket, she grunted, annoyed that their short moment was ruined.

“I don’t want to answer it,” she complained.

Michael smiled at Juliet, “Fine, I’ll get it,” she sighed and nodded as Michael reached into Juliet’s pocket and pulled out her phone, “It’s your pops, better answer it.”

She pouted, but pushed the answer button, anyway. "Hi, Dad." Her voice sounded restrained, as if she was trying not to have her annoyance seep through the phone.

“Juliet, you need to come home, your mother and I need to discuss something with you." His voice sounded stern.

“Fine.” she snapped her phone shut and looked up longingly at Michael, “Dad wants me home."

Michael’s face dropped, “I never get to see you anymore." Lately, Juliet had been disappearing, ignoring his phone calls, texts, and emails. He tried going over to her house a couple of times, but she was never home. A few months ago she had been fine, she had never missed one phone call of his, nor text. But, over the past few months, she’s changed. Something was different about her, but he couldn’t quite figure out what.

“I know, I’m sorry,” she leaned up to hug him. She wished she could tell him what was going on, she missed him so badly, and it killed her not to tell him her secrets, but with every good thing, came a responsibility, and this was the price she had to pay.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, cherishing the moments until she left, “Can I at least drive you home?”

She smiled, “I would love that.”

                                                                          ***

Juliet walked through the front door, shutting it quietly behind her. She slid into the kitchen “Dad?” She called.

“In here,” she followed the sound into the living room. “Whats up?” She asked as she flopped onto the couch.

“Juliet,” her father sighed, “the S.P.P has moved us to Plymouth.”

She smiled, “Oh cool, that’s not too far from here.”

“No, you don’t understand,” he took a deep breath, “Plymouth, England.”