Unlightened

Prologue

Copyright © 2012 Dina Wilkinson. All rights reserved.

Maybe a light serves as a beacon for travelers to find shore; but when there is no shore to return to… the world immediately becomes unlightened.  

 Her silk dress slid against her skin, soothing her nervous sweaty thighs as she walked down the grand corridor of the castle’s main hall on the royal blue plush carpet to the sounds of whispers, farewells and well-wishers.

    She didn’t feel like entertaining their folly since they were all thinking that her next move would be scandalous… but only the forbidden would do such a thing. She put on a smile and continued along the corridor.

  Inside the hall was stunning with precious gems catching the light and sending rays of blue to anoint the walls.

She didn’t notice the grandeur though, because doubt had crossed her mind.

She chased it away, hoping to clear her mind for this occasion, and at the end of the corridor she knelt by her mother’s throne and sneaked a peak at her sister to her mother’s right.

The queen then rose.

“Amurdalzali Elionar of the House of Elionar, Daughter of Queen Dalzia is now banished for the time span of 10 human years. Due to her lineage she will be escorted by Dimitrius Valing as her guard and messenger.”

The queen raised her hand over her daughter’s head and the air around her shimmered. Dimitrius knelt beside her with one hand on her shoulder.

“May the gods be with you,” The queen whispered. Then they disappeared.