Last Laugh

The first words spoken were simply, get out. Get out, the same demonic voice repeats over and over again in my mind. Its freezing cold and there's an eerie draft that sends chills down our spines. "Claire?" Alyssa said. "What now Alyssa?" I tell her a bit annoyed. "Can we leave now?" She asks in a frightened way. I can see the fear in her face, its written all over her. "No, Alyssa, we cant. And don't show any signs of fear, the connection will be lost." I hear a door slam and we both turn around. "For gods sake Claire! Were in a bloody abandon orphanage!" Alyssa said. "Is anyone here?" I ask any spirit who is willing to come forward. "Yes." We hear a voice say. "Can we ask you some questions?" I ask. "Yes." The voice repeated. "Can you tell us your name?" "Lilly." The voice of a girl says. "Lilly, that's pretty." I tell her. "Yes." The girl answers. Alyssa's eyes fill with tears and i can see shes trying to hold them back. There's a long pause of uncomfortable silence and Alyssa speaks up, "how did you-" i cut her off. "Shut up! Your going to break the connection! Take it a step at a time! Do you want all hell to break loose and turn on the world?!" I whisper to her in an angry tone. "Um, Lilly, how old are you?" I ask. "9." Lilly replies. "Don't take this personally or anything but, how did you die?" I ask cautiously. "Watch out!" Lilly says angirly. We hear the door slam again. And still, nothing or nobody, is there. Lilly doesn't speak and the candle i had lit flickers and the place goes black. I try to light it again but it wont light, its like something is blocking it from lighting. There's a boy upstairs in the other room jumping on the bed. And there's a little girl excitedly shouting, "Daddy!" A couple of voices start to sing. "One, two... buckle my shoe.... three, four, shut the door...." they join in harmony with it and sing it slow and eerie like. I know, we have broken the connection. I hear coughing and the rattling of metal chains. "Alyssa!" I scream. "Alyssa! Where are you?!" The rattling and coughing stops and all is silent, i am able to light the candle again and when i do, Alyssa, is right in front of me head drooping down, her eyes barely open, blood pouring out of her mouth. "Alyssa, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Alyssa!" Her eyes flutter and she sits up and rises dragging the blood stained, rusted chains with her. Laughter of children echoes down the empty hallway the song starts again and gets louder, "one, two, buckle my shoe..." they chant. Doors slamming, children's laughter, that same voice shouting, get out!, the voice of Lilly saying, you were warned.... and finnally, its silent a boy in the middle of the hall speaks up, "who's got the last laugh now?" He says demonicly the laughing starts again, happy laughter of children, little girls. Alyssa is the only spirit i can actually see. "Look at me!" She demands. I look her in the eyes and i cant breathe. I gasp for breath and i feel the coldness wrap around me. There's no use trying. But some how, my last words seem to slip out of my mouth, "who's got the last laugh now?" I say. And we all join in with the laughter of children.