Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Falling for the Seat Filler

W E all stood in specific places during the ceremonies. Usually, we were in spots that the cameras couldn't reach and most of the time, we were watching the ceremony continue on as peacefully and as perfectly as it always usually went.

"Lincoln!" I turned at the sound of my name to see Harry, the seat filler director, beckon me over. He was a great guy, and he also snuck me into so many screenings.

I pushed myself off the frame of the door I was leaning on and straightened my suit. "What's up, my dude?" I asked, approaching him. I watched as he held one hand to his headset, listening to the words spoken to him.

It was one of the first major film award shows of the season, and Harry was stressed. Not because he was in charge of all the seat fillers, but because his very recent ex-boyfriend of two years was on the security team.

He twisted his lips in an unusual manner before nodding his head. "...right, right got it. I'll send Lincoln in three minutes."

With a polite smile, I waited for Harry to direct me, but instead he just scanned the room.

"Oh God, he's coming," he hissed.

I followed his line of sight and spotted a tall man slowly making his way towards us. Harry's ex.

"Harry?" I said, when he hadn't moved. "Harry," I all but hissed. He had texted the group chat about this exact situation last night, and Harry had made it so clear that he was over what's-his-face. Apparently not.

"Harry."

He still didn't move.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," I muttered, then wrapped my arm around his waist just as his ex walked past us. "You're crushing it, baby. I'm so proud of you," I said loud enough so that he could hear.

His handsome ex glared at me, before marching right past us. Harry breathed out a sigh of relief and patted my back.

"Shit, thank you, Lincoln," he said, patting my face with a sweaty hand. Before he could say another word though, he was being fed more information through his headset.

"You're filling in for Miss Margot's guest," he instructed. "Aisle three, seat 3K... and go," he said once the theatre had started playing the commercial.

I was off both swiftly and gracefully as I glided down the carpeted floors, past the many actors and actresses I had grown up watching and towards aisle three.

3K, 3K, 3K, 3K...

And there it was; the empty seat that needed to be filled. Beside it sat Emily Margot, Hollywood's next big name.

I loved her films - Harry had given me tickets to all her earlier movies, and they all absolutely ruled. She had burst onto the scene in a couple of winning indie flicks over the past few years but was only just now turning heads. Emily looked stunning tonight; glittering in a silky red dress that she wore effortlessly. From the red carpet, I had seen that it was backless, the fabric just starting again at the dip in her lower back. Her hair was tied back in a tight ponytail with not one hair out of place. Her make-up was sharp and dark; her green eyes alluring and hypnotic as she stared down at her lightly tanned hands, a soft smile on her painted lips.

I wondered if I was filling in for a boyfriend, if there even was one. I swear there was a new rumour about her and so-and-so every day.

I was approaching the seat slowly; one arm pressed against my stomach as I excused myself past Hollywood's royalty. Just as I was about to sit myself down, my toe got caught behind the stump of the seat beside me and before I could save myself, I had fallen forward on one knee right before the beautifully shocked Emily Margot, who immediately leaned forward to try and help me. As her fingers curled around my forearm, the lights dimmed, and the show was back on except the orchestrated lines weren't spoken. Instead, eyes of all sorts turned to our unfortunate forms followed by gasps and the whirling of cameras and chatter.

Shit.

I was literally kneeling in front of Emily fucking Margot with her hands in mine.

"Are you... proposing?" someone questioned suspiciously.

I think it was one of the camera men.

A/N

HELLO! 

A 'thank you' for the 2k followers! Just a sneak peek for whats to come later in the year.

Steff xx