Inspiration and Thanks

Dan and Phil,

I'm sure you both get many letters from fans all over the world and I know I'm nothing special but I still wanted to write this letter to you: my heroes.

You have done so much for me and so many others through your videos on YouTube. Word cannot express how thankful I am and how much I admire you both. When I discovered your videos a few years ago, I was alone and depressed. You brought light and joy back into my life (yes you too Dan). I'm 22 right now but a few years ago on November 17th, I didn't want my life to continue. I felt unloved and nobody seemed to care. I'll spare you the details. Anyways, to cheer me up my sister showed me your videos and I actually related to them and felt comforted. You also gave my sister and I something to bond over. We have never been able to get along till now.

Phil, your "why I was a weird kid" videos helped me accept myself for who I am. Having struggled with bullying my whole life, I hated everything about myself but seeing you accept your weirdness gave me courage to accept my own. Now every time someone says that I am weird, I take it as a compliment and tell them thank you. They think I'm even weirder now but I don't care anymore. 

Dan, your "Reasons Why Dan's a Fail" videos helped me accept my faults and broken pieces. I especially loved your left-handed video because I'm also left-handed so I related to everything you said, from the scissors to writing essays and getting the black smudge on your hand. That is a huge problem for me because I'm actually studying English with a focus in writing so I get that smudge a lot. I also talk to myself and mumble because it helps me think. Believe it or not Dan, your "internet support group" videos have also helped a lot and not just for me but for many of your followers. Your advice is more helpful than you think, especially when you talk about friendships and other relationships. I was going to send you a question for one of your next videos but I'm too shy and couldn't get up the courage to write anything. I'm 22 and still hide behind a computer screen. No surprise.

I have never been happier than I am today and it's thanks to you both. Thanks to you two and your amazing videos, I'm still here. Please keep making videos because they help bring light to those around you especially when you do videos together. 

Thank you Dan and Phil. You are my inspiration to keep trying every day and to not let anyone drag me down. I just hope that someday I can thank you in person. 

From someone who no longer feels alone,

Amber Lynn