Chapter 12

Heyyo! EXTRA long chapter todaay!!! You may like to know (or not, depending on how mad you guys are at me), that I DO kinda not really have an excuse for not writing latley...

Not, I reallys don't do I? Yea I huurt my foot and stuuuff...and that complicated EVERYTHING else in my average day!

 but thats no excuse. I'm a lazy but and decided, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Get off your lazy caboose and type!!!

AND I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!

So here it is, sowwy for being the worse author in the world

~Katie

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I awakened some time later to see that I was in new clothes, and in the dungeon. You may ask, how do I know I’m in the dungeon?

Well, let me just tell you, it’s pretty obvious.

The hanging corpses from the walls, rats and other vermin skittering around the floor away from me as I stirred. The annoying drip drip drip of a leek in the ceiling, and I felt each plop of the mysterious liquid dripping onto my head. It was very dark, so I couldn't see much, and honestly, didn't want to. I didn't want to think of me as the next person to be rotting away here on the wall.

Plus, I was hanging from the ceiling by my arms, having painful ropes tied around my wrists. As soon as I regained consciousness, I had felt the screaming intensity of my shoulder. The hanging had re-opened the wound and I could feel the slippery liquid sliding down my back. I looked down at myself, trying only to move my head and nothing else, and saw I was wearing the dress from my ceremony, the pretty white one, that now had so many stains you couldn't even tell it had been white.

The bottom was torn from when I guess they dragged me in here, and my legs were covered in cuts and bruises. My feet were un-shoed and dangling below me, my nail polish Seana and I had oh-so-carefully applied had chipped away, leaving dirt coated toenails underneath.

Seana! Did she escape? Was Aurora able to fly them out? Or where they in this place with me? I quickly looked around for the fire red hair of Aurora, or the shimmering eyes of Seana. I saw neither of them, and for that I was thankful. I didn't see any of Sylvia or Jallison either, and I let myself let out a small breath and slight relief flowed over me. But they still could be in the Palace, captured. I tried to reach out with my mind to sense Jallison, but I couldn't.

The rooms enchanted. I thought, now able to look around since my eyes had adjusted to the light.

What I saw had me panicked. There were people everywhere. I heard that Julius was merciless, actually I knew it first hand, but this... this was too much. There were men, women, and children hung up on walls and tied to the floor. Some were resorted to bones on the floor while others were slightly fresh. I looked for any sign of life, but there was very little. There was a small old man huddled in the corner, attached to the wall with only one shackle attached to his ankle who seemed to be breathing.

"Sir!" I whispered to him, trying to get some real signs of life from him. "Are you alive? Are you okay?" I kept asking over and over, and after about the seventh time, I was sure I was talking to a corpse when I saw a slight nod of the head. I got excited seeing the man was alive, and began to ask questions about who he was and where we were, seeing if he could speak, but he was now shaking his head, gesturing to his mouth. When I didn't understand, he made an imitation of pulling out his tongue and a sawing motion above it.

They cut out his tongue. I thought in horror. He must have seen my expression, for he nodded sadly and slumped down against the wall.