1) The last copy

N/A Hello, there. This is my first book. It's uhhh, kinda weird. But also kinda nice. You see, there is no vampires, or werewolves, or players or bets in it. Come on, that has to be worth something.

Also, its called London Story becuase my little brain could not think ANYTHING else up. Don't worry, I'm going to change it soon.

Hope you enjoy, and comment, vote, fan. PLS!

                                                           1) It's raining books

"Pssst," I whispered as quietly as I could. "Psst, Angie, wake up."

My best friend, Angelika has a tendency to sleep in our I.T class, first period of Monday, each week. And I always go with it, because, hey we all need to sleep when we're tired. But today I needed her to do me a favour.

So I did an old trick of mine. I pinched her nose, and breathed air into her ear. It did the work. She squealed like a little piglet would and her head flew upright off the desk.

"Ivy..." she giggled "You promised me you'd stop doing that."

I shrugged and chuckled, a grin on my face "Remember, Angie-bear. I never keep promises."

I did, of course. Promise's like secrets, things I owe someone. But not a chance, when your best friend is sleeping. Hehee.

Angie rolled her eyes, and lay down her head again to go back to sleep. The monitor of her computer blocked the teacher from seeing her.

"Hey-hey!" I said, pulling her shoulder up again "I woke you up for a reason."

"Which is?" she enquired

"Can you please come with me to Foyles today? That new book I was telling you about, from the AMAZING writer Rhona Birne comes out today!"

At the last couple of words I felt myself grinning from ear to ear.  I loved the series. I need to get the latest edition- and by that, today.

Angie gave me an awkward look..."I'm...sorry. I can't go anywhere today."

"Aww, please Angie. I can't go alone."

"You know I don't like books much anyway..."

Yep, my best friend in the world did not like books.

That would be a crime for me to be friends with a person like that, seeing as books were my whole entire life, but because Angie was a totally awesome person with a sense of humour and cuteness, she made up for it.

Sometimes. Sometimes (like now) I just wanted to scream at her all the reasons why books are amazing. Hey, at least she liked the Harry Potter movies. That's a start.

"Please come..." I said finally.

"No can do..." she answered.

"Meanie," I pouted.

She laughed.

***

The day dragged on, boring as... well boring as school usually is.

As soon as the last bell rang, marking the end of period six, I literally stuffed my workbook and pencil case in my bag, murmured Angie a see you later, and ran out of the school. I was that exited.

It would be better if Rhona Birne had come herself to the release of the book, but hey, she is American. What would she be doing in London? Nobody comes here to sign books. Ever.

As soon as I was out of the school, I jogged to Canning Town Station, and caught the subway to Tottenham Court Road. My feet patted a rhythm on the floor, as I just couldn't wait any longer; the excitement was just too big.

I finally made it out into the large, open-aired Shaftesbury Avenue, and finally, the white-and-red logo of Foyles loomed ahead of me.

I entered the store. The smell of paper that I never tired of, surrounded me, and I breathed it in. A bookstore is where I belong. Permanently. Too bad they didn't do houses like that. I'd pay for the books personally.

There, having a whole bookshelf dedicated to her, was Rhona Birne's books.  And the new one.

Did I mention there was only one copy left?

There was a boy walking up to the shelf, slightly closer than I was.

Oh no you don't, I thought angrily. I sped up my walking and glided past him. The book was on the top shelf, so I did a jump that the Olympics would be proud of having (not that I was competing. That would be....weird).

My hand grabbed hold of the book, and I caught a glimpse of the title. Keys of fury. Awesome.

But in my moment of pride, my other hand slipped and knocked over another one of Rhonda's legendary books, The roses struck by lightning.

It slightly wavered over the side, and then it flopped down....

Onto the guys head. Then onto the floor.

Okay, so it was a serious situation. But the edges of my mouth twitched. I had to bite my tongue to put myself in pain, to prevent the laughter.

The boy picked the book of the floor, and held it out to me, his eyebrow raised....

He must have thought I was insane.

A/N: Howdya like it, eh?

Please comment if you think I should continue :)