Young Hunters (supernatural fanfic)

Authors note:

With this being my first story, please don't criticize too much. The story is VAGUELY based off the show supernatural on the CW. Basically, in this universe, the show does exists, and so does the winchesters. Many people know of the show, but very few know what happens in the show could easily happen in real life. More will be explained, along with the inaccuracy of the show in this universe. Hope y'all will enjoy this crazy journey!

I lied motionless in my bed. My feet on the end closest to my headboard, and my head near the edge of my bed. The flannel sheets kept me warm from the harsh cool atmosphere that surrounded me. As I lied there I stared up at my ceiling fan, for once it was also motionless. It was times like this I appreciated the most, when it was just me and nothing else. No commotion, just stillness. But then there was footsteps, and lights being turned on, and my dad. As obnoxious as ever, I could hear him just standing in my brother's doorway. Ben talked, my father yelled, Ben then yelled back, and my mom politely intervened. All this over one dumb show.

"I don't think it does us any justice," my father went on, "maybe they could at least try to keep it accurate!"

Ben hesitated at first but then said, "at least you and uncle Sam have a goddamn show, they even use your real names! It's not like they even try to cover all the truth up."

Ben was right, as always, I mean the least the writers could do is change the names... It's not even like that's what had actually happened to us. Yeah, I mean the childhood of hunting demons happened, but after that nothing else was right. Sure, Sam left to have a education, but he didn't go anywhere special. He's just a plain old history teacher, I mean he's Dr. Winchester, but that's not much of a difference. And then my dad, Dean, kept hunting, until he met mom on one of his hunting trips. Mom convinced him to stop, and to settle down, and even get a job. That's how Ben got born, and a year later I popped right out too. Now dads, head football coach and a gym teacher at the same school that not only uncle Sam works at, but then Ben and I go to.

Now, it's not all hugs and butterflies. Ben and I were both trained to hunt at a young age. I mean, it's no coincidence that the town we live in attracts the supernatural. Hell, even a few of our classmates are demons. Haven't gotten a chance to gank any of them yet, but sure as hell I will sometime. Just trying to survive being a freshmen is hard enough though.

After Dad and Ben's argument about last nights episode of supernatural concluded, Dad walked into my room. He turned the harsh incandescent light on and began to shout.

"Rise and shine, princess!" He shouted. This is how almost every morning in the Winchester household began for me.

An hour later I was at school, sitting in first period science, half asleep, and barely paying attention. I learned to tune Mrs. Harding's high pitched voice out at the beginning of the year. But, it wasn't as bad today. After all, we were watching a movie, something about global warming I think. Completely ignoring the movie, I leaned back in my chair so I could collect a note from Ryan. The soft crinkled paper dropped gently into my hand. Leaning my chair back onto all four legs, I unraveled the note, "meet me outside the main entrance for lunch," It read, "I have something to show you." I felt my face turn red and my hands sweat a bit. It always made me smile, when he would do stuff like this. Because, out of all the girls in the entire school he chooses me. They all swoon over him like he's some sort of prince, but who are we kidding, I do too. Those bright blue eyes and bleach blonde hair would be enough to make any girl dream about him. The fact he was surprising me scared me a bit though. I was never one for surprises, not after that incident with the vamps... But that's another story for another time. For now I was daydreaming about Ryan, which for the next five minutes, was a wonderful past time.

***more will be added as soon as possible***

After a short moment of fantasizing about Ryan, I looked for a friend to potentially annoy throughout the duration of the movie. I had always gotten bored easily, and taking it out on my friends gave me great pleasure. To my left was tall, yet timid, Connor. His dark hair appeared as if he had parted it to the side just enough to cover most of his face. Connor usually did that. He got panic attacks often, and covering his face made him feel less anxious. With that said, He would've gotten easily upset if I sent him the note and got caught. Connor's lack of courage was made up for by his vast knowledge on all things supernatural. It's also what we all assumed got him extra credit in Dr. Winchester's class.

Sitting right in front of me was Becca. She was the drama queen of our little freshmen cult. Every time I would see her she'd be up to date on all the "Who's dating who" and "did you hear about what she/he did". As much as I loved her, she was out of the running for the "award" that was being constantly harassed by me for the rest of class. That was solely basses off of the fact I knew our conversation would end up in her asking me about Ryan and then also asking if I knew if anyone liked her.

Then that brought me to my best friend sitting to my right, an adolescent who could only be described as what I believed the antichrist would be like... Michael "Maverick" North. He was bitter, and had a passion for being a dick to everyone. Even me. But, he was an exceptional fighter. That's why we kept him to be honest. It's like, when Malcolm Reynolds was forming the crew for the Serenity, he needed another fighter like Jayne Cobb. I discreetly ripped out a small corner of lined paper from inside my notebook, took out my blue pen and wrote...

"What's the hap, I need a nap."

As dorky as that sounded, making stupid rhymes was our special best friends way of communicating, or at least I thought it was. I pasted it over to him slowly and watched as he read it. He snickered, as hard as he tried not to, he still did. Maverick looked over at me, then back at the note. He flipped the paper over and wrote something on it. When he finished what seemed like an awful lot of writing for a note, he handed it back to me. In very crammed looking letters it said,

"Ugh I need 1 2. But the "hap" is that more gurls have gone missing... No bodies still but we've got some similarities on the victims.. Old science room at lunch?"

Wow, that's just great. There's nothing I love more than missing girls and the fear of being taken next. Also, to clarify, the old science room is a part of the abandoned wing of the school. A lot of kids eat lunch there as parts of dares, we each lunch there to discuss cases. All five of us knew about demons, some more experienced than others, but we acted as a team. We were the real life Scoobies, and as terrifying as it was sometimes, I enjoyed it up until these girls started going missing. I also had to meet Ryan for lunch today too... Might as well just bring him with me to the team meeting. It's not like he doesn't know about it.

I looked at Mav and then at Ryan, got a clean paper corner out and wrote a quick note to Ryan,

"Hey Hun, can we do lunch in science room? Kinda important... Got a breakthrough on missing girls"

Ryan smiled as he opened it, but it faded away as he read on. Much like with Maverick he looked at me first, then turned the crisp lined paper over to respond. He passed it back to me and reached into his backpack as he began leaning back into his seat. I opened the note,

"Yeah sure just wanted to give u this... Check ur backpack next period. I love you"

I blushed, and began to feel butterflies in my stomach. It had been a little more than a year since we had started dating, and boy has it been amazing. I noticed Ryan's hand slip out of my backpack from the corner of my eye, this was one instance where what you see in the corner of your eye was actually good. I couldn't wait to see what it was. Knowing him, it was a note.

Seconds later the bell rang. It's high pitched ring irritated my ears, but it didn't last for long thankfully. So, I gathered my books and left the class room to head to my least favorite period, gym.