00. THE FALLEN

IT is said that once an angel sins, sin will consume them. This, is only partly true, at least for me. You see my greatest and only sin was loving a human more than I loved him. For this crime I was cast out of heaven to live and perish a mortal life of sin. My wings were cut and my grace taken. But who was the woman for whom I lost it all? Her name was Evelyn.

    Ironic isn't it? Eve being the woman for whom Adam got cast out of Eden. But for me Evelyn had been worth it all. The pain, the loss and every hardship was worth it to be with her. Eventually over time they had descendents of their own children whose children had children gifted like I'd once been.

    They had wings that grew as they grew and grace like I'd once possessed, that allowed them gifts that defied rationality. Gifts that defied all common sense and it was their gifts that gave me the knowledge that I'd been forgiven. For why allow such gifts to fester and grow within the children of the fallen?

    By the time it came time for me to meet my maker I had a clean conscience and a forgiven soul. One I knew would be allowed in through heavens gates. My children and my children's children created a new species that once had numbers so vast that it'd become hard to count them all. Yet, all families have they're own rotten apple and so did we.

    One who wished to corrupt or possess the essence of their siblings began to kill and gather their grace when it became evident that corruption among his kind was impossible. Many died in the great war while the few that remained scattered among the earth after defeating and cutting away the rotten apple in their tree. And so it was that our kind became scarce only few of our descendents are ever grown now with grace. But the few who are have learned to use their grace for a greater purpose than their own desires.

    For it is our duty as The Unforgiven, as The Fallen to protect and defend those who cannot protect themselves. But all we are to value life as it is the most valuable tenant of our existence. Life is life and we do not kill if we do not have to such is our way and such it will always be.

      CASSIEL SAVAGE, 1200 A.D