Chapter [1]

1

"Jordan, your're beautiful" Mother of the bride Judy said walking into the room.

"I believe you have to help me with this" the blushing bride stated referring to the gowns bodice.

"Of course, are you excited?" Judy asked as she tightened the corsets strings.

"I love him mom, I've wanted this as long as we've been together, so I'm more than excited".

"I'm so proud of you sweetie, now I believe this is tradition so..." she trailed of opening a box that Jordan hadn't seen her mother bring in.

"Oh my! Mom you didn't have to" Jordan cried as her mother opened the box.

"Shh don't cry, your makeup will run, now my mother borrowed these earrings from her mother so now I'm borrowing them to you so that’s something borrowed. This sapphire blue necklace has been in the family for decades. So something blue and finally..." she began as she pulled out a set of European car keys.

"Oh my goodness mom" This time Jordan couldn't contain her tears.

"I know you always put off buying that new Audi you've been talking about for months but I just thought I'd save you the trouble"

Jordan hugged her mother as they both sobbed. But a knock on the door separated them.

"Come in" Jordan stated inviting the person inside.

In stepped Noah Jacobs, Jordan's fiancé’s best man. His face was solemn. "Can I speak to Jordan alone for a few minutes please?"

Jordan's mother smiled meekly before standing up to leave the room.

"What’s wrong Noah?"

"Jord, I have no idea how to tell you this"

"Is something wrong with Gabe?" Noah's face grew graver as she asked questions.

"He... uhh..." Noah began struggling to find the words.

"Is he okay?" Jordan asked hopeful, her blue eyes widening in anticipation.

"He called off the wedding" He said slowly and calmly.

"What! No. No. I have to go and see him, Is he here?" she asked getting frantic. "We need to talk, he's probably just nervous and he's trying to freak me out too" She continued laughing shakily as a pain so strong hit her in the chest.

"Jordan" he stated looking into her eyes and holding her by the shoulders to steady her trembling. "He, didn't turn up, I just got off the phone with him"

"But... but..." that’s when the uncontrollable crying started, "he joking isn't he?" she asked between sobs, "He has to be playing some sort of prank on me" Jordan cried.

Her mother heard the commotion and walked in. Noah's arms around her daughters shaking shoulders told her all she needed to know.

"I'll kill him, for doing this to you" she stated, tears falling from her own eyes.

"Mom, I love him. He loves me why would...? Why would he rip my heart out and do this?" Jordan managed to ask as she cried.

"He's a dick" Jordan thought she heard Noah mutter.

He let Judy comfort her as he left to inform the guests. And what a job that would be.

Walking up to the front of the alter he felt his palms go sweaty, how was he going to tell everyone to go home.

Clearing his throat he grabbed the microphone and began, "Umm... friends, family, guests and Minister, I'm sorry to announce this but the wedding... The weddings been called off, both parties express their deepest appreciation for your attendance."

Cries of shock followed suit. Gabe's mother screamed louder than all of the guests as she collapsed into the wooden benches they were seated on. The bridesmaids (Jordan's sisters and closest friends) quickly left to go and comfort their friend after the shock of the situation sunk in.

"Jordy baby" Jordan's best friend Sienna Jacobs (Noah's sister) said as she comforted her, Judy had left to give the five girls a chance to talk.

"Si-si, he'll change his mind, he'll come back, tell Noah not to cancel the wedding. He just has cold feet" Jordan said trying to justify the fact that she'd been jilted at the altar.

"He's an idiot who doesn’t know what he's lost" Jordan's older sister Joey said as she scowled.

"Jords, he's a moron" Jordan's sister Jacqui added.

"But I love him"

"Well then he’s an a*s as well, because any guy or girl would be lucky if you loved them" Jacqui's twin sister Jacq added.

"Now how about we get you out of this God forsaken dress and go home" Jayden the youngest sister suggested.

The other girls agreed, one had a tissue dabbing Jordan's smudged make up, whilst others helped her get changed. Another also helped with her hair.

"Thanks so much guys but you really didn't need to do this" Jordan said as her sobs quieted down to gentle sniffling and a few tears.

"Don't be silly, this is our job" Sienna said speaking for the rest of the girls as they agreed.

"I need to speak to Gabe's mother, she'll die if she finds out" Jordan said wiping the tears from her eyes.

Dressed in skinny jeans, a tank and a vest over the top, her 6 inch Tony Bianco's tapped against the pinewood floors as she made her way down to the altar. Gabe's mother was being fanned, guests simultaneously turned towards Jordan.

Whispering followed suit as people noticed that she'd been crying. The looks on people's faces turned to looks of pity.

Jordan smiled genuinely at the people as she walked down the aisle she was supposed to be walking in her $8000 Vera Wang gown.

"Mom?" Jordan said as she knelt down to the woman that should have been her in-law.

"Jordan, what happened?"

"I... I don't know he... Gabe didn’t tell me, he called Noah"

"I am ashamed of my son... I'm so sorry Jord, so so sorry"

"Don't worry it's not your fault" Jordan said hugging her.

"You will always be the daughter I never had" Christina said as she kissed her cheek.

Smiling in reply, Jordan turned to leave the alter...

Xxx New story people, we wanna know what you think... you know what to doxxX

XxxGhostWritersxxX