Chapter 1: Lost

Not so far into the future was a dark stormy era, darkness overtook as towns and cities became empty, hollow shells of their former self. Grey clouds overcast as the fallout began to take its place and any hope of rebuilding humanity, was gone.
   Entire cities were quarantined, leaving nobody to survive irradiation; millions died in this process and only those who could adapt, survived.
    The world of Earth was at war; some said it was the "Last War".
  The town of Isis was full of noble people. A town that had once been peaceful was a target for an attack.
   Weapons that were thought to be extinct, were used once again. A new age began as the hydrogen bombs that were dropped over Nagasaki and Hiroshima were once again, used. Can you feel it? The atomic heat coming off from the bombs.
   Cities destroyed, countless lives lost as they kept on dropping bomb after bomb after endless bomb.
   Luke Parker, a local scientist, saw an explosion at the centre of Isis while he was working on the Oasis Project; a project designed for the people, consisting of a five member team, designing a way to have an endless supply of clean drinking water if there were ever to be an event where humanity was separated.
   Dark clouds had formed in the centre of Isis as thunder grew louder and louder. The thunder was so loud it had made the people clasp their ears and then...explosions, explosions that had a huge radius.
   Everyone knew it was a nuke, Armageddon, the apocalypse, the end of Humanity

He clasped his paperwork carefully typing up every last detail on his research for the project. Luke's thin, scrawny fingers were typing as fast as the speed of light. Faster and faster they went, almost as if his hands had a mind of their own. For this project was very, very important. Luke had been working on a project that could save Isis...and indeed the world, he knew if he didn't get this done in time, it would be the end of Isis and maybe even the world. His long, matted hair kept getting into his eyes and Luke always had to flick it out of his eyes. 

Luke was wearing a huge, white lab coat. (Due to it being the only one left.) The smell of the earthy, muddy water was filling the air. This lab was a giant room with huge bay windows and a bright, white luminescent light. The light could be blinding to others. However Luke was there for years, making him immune to the effects of the blinding light. Black cabinets were lined up from edge to edge, filled with samples and chemicals. Luke was holding and observing a sample of radioactive isotope, experimenting on how it affected the cleanliness of water. The walls were filled with countless research done by Luke's co-workers on radiation. He was working hard in order to impress his fellow co-workers, knowing that they were insanely behind on the project's due date. Luke could hear a vicious knocking on the giant, black door to the entry of the lab. Luke knew it must've been something big, because no one knocked on the door.

"Dr Parker...," Luke's boss addressed him by his last name.
"Y-yes Professor Aaron?" Luke responded to his boss.
"Are you finished with the research?"
"Professor...this takes time."
"We don't have time, Dr Parker. You better work quickly. Otherwise, Isis will have no hope of being able to thrive when the fallout happens."
"Professor, Project Oasis is nearly finished."
"Well, keep up the good work, Dr Parker and you may well get a promotion in this line of work...after all, you already saved our little town once before."
Luke gave a stern look to his boss. "That was a long time ago Professor...," Luke muttered.
"Well...even memories come at a cost, Dr Parker."
Professor Aaron left Luke to his research. He scurried along quickly and closed the door to Luke's office.

Rebekah was walking down the hallway to enter into Luke's laboratory/office area. She was walking at an average pace, for someone of her age and was average height for her age. She always loved helping Luke in his office. She was wearing her formal work outfit. She was wearing a blazer, a blouse that had a mid-century look to it, and a grey plait skirt. Rebekah pushed her glasses with a floral design up back to her eyes.Her eyes glittered with every moment she saw Luke in the office, an eternity passed every time their eyes met as if time itself would slow down; she knew, that he could be out of her league however, Rebekah hoped he would notice her outfit.