Chapter 16 - I Just Haven't Met You Yet

The rest of the day Sam was mostly busy making homework, ‘cause there might have been a dance, but that didn’t mean the teacher would give them an easy weekend. She had just finished a paper assignment for English and still had to do some Math. Worst Sunday ever. Certainly if you had to read the problem five times and still didn’t understand it. When her computer dinged, Sam gladly took the distraction.

Guitarboy: “Good morning my queen :-)”

Pirate Queen: “You mean good afternoon.”

Guitarboy: “I only woke like 10 minutes ago, so to me it is morning.”

Sam looked at her alarm and saw that it was already four p.m. Even she wasn’t one to sleep that long.

Pirate Queen: “Why are you only now awake? It’s four in the afternoon!”

Guitarboy: ”It was a long night. A good night :D but still long or rather early :-)”

This wasn’t the first time he woke up that late. He often didn’t wake up before noon, making her wonder what kind of work he actually did. Maybe he worked at a bar or something?

Pirate Queen: “Fun night?”

Guitarboy: “Hell yeah!!! :-D Best Halloween ever. First I had to work, which was all right. But afterwards -:D CRAZY!!!”

He always had the craziest stories to tell, which made Sam feel kind of boring. She hardly went out to parties, preferring movie/girl nights. Remembering the last party she went to and what happened there, who could blame her.

Guitarboy: “One thing that could have made it better, was if you were there. I still regret not being able to meet you :-(“

Pirate Queen: “It will happen :-)”

Guitarboy: “When?”

Pirate Queen: “One day ;-)”

Sam was kind of glad she wasn’t able to meet him last night, otherwise Ace might not have asked her out. On the other hand she was really curious about the real Guitarboy. They got along so great online. He could always make her laugh, but was also very sweet. Secretly she really, really hoped he wasn’t some creepy pedophile. He never gave of that feeling and it wasn’t until last week he asked to meet her, so that gave her hope.

It was all so confusing with Ace. Before she met him, she had this secret fantasy about her and Guitarboy and she really liked him. Now she didn’t know. Truth was she didn’t know Ace that well. They hadn’t even gone out yet and Sam’s mind was already miles ahead. Maybe after that date he didn’t ever want to talk to her again. All this thinking gave her a headache.

Guitarboy: “One day I’ll fly away…”

It was like Guitarboy knew she wasn’t ready to talk about it and changed the subject. He always did stuff like that. When she was sad, he would cheer her up or if it got too serious and she wanted to back out he would start talking about random things. Actually sometimes she wondered if he was bipolar, changing so fast.

Pirate Queen: “Fly where?”

Guitarboy: “The second star to the right and straight on till morning :-p”

Was this guy psychic? She was dressed like Peter Pan last night and now he was quoting Peter Pan songs. Slightly freaking out, Sam realized she was probably just reading too much into it. It was just a coincidence, hopefully.

Pirate Queen: “Peter Pan?”

Guitarboy: “Yeah who doesn’t love Peter Pan? :D Living in Neverland and never having to grow up.”