Hope is There

A young girl was abused sexually, physically, and mentally when she was six by her father. Her mother couldn't do anything she too was abused. But now she lives peacefully. Leaving her only daughter, her only child to be alone living with a monster. She never went to a real school because her father didn't want her telling lies to the teachers and students, so he home schooled her. But her teachings came with harsh punishments that would happen often throw her lessons. The only time she got a break from her father is when he goes to work, but even as he's gone he leaves a list of things that has to be done in seven hours. Or else the punishments come again. Some of the things on that list are, sweep the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, family room, laundry room, hallways, stairs, and porches. She also had to polish the tiled floors that would include, bathrooms, down stairs hallways, and kitchen. Dust everywhere and everything. Clean the dishes; they had no dish washer so she had to wash them by hand. Clean the counters and polish those too. Make his cigarettes, with a cigarette maker. Do the laundry. Some other things and have dinner ready by the time he came home. This might not sound like a lot of work, but when you live in a big two story home, with one kitchen, living room, dining room, family room, and laundry room. Two bathrooms, hallways, and porches. Five bedrooms. Yea it can be a lot of work, if it’s only you. She was almost done when the door bell rang. She's not a kid but a teenager about fifteen now. Still abused in many ways, still has the same routine, same everything since she was a little girl. She had the same face, even though bruises sometimes lined it. Big milky brown eyes, pale skin, thin cheeks, thin lips. Her hair was longer now, just passed her butt of thin, silky, dark brown hair. She wasn't tall, but she wasn't short maybe about 5' 5"? She was so skinny she could have weighed around 85 pounds. Even though she was fed healthy, she wasn't always fed three meals a day, sometimes only two or one. If her mother was here she would be proud that her sweet young girl has grown up into a beautiful young lady and that she's still fighting to break free from her father. But she didn't want her mother here; she was safe and peaceful in heaven without any pain or suffering. She was old enough to answer the door without breaking rules; she could defend the home and send away the person. If she didn't Daddy would get very mad, and punish her. The door bell rang again. She walked up to the door and opened it; a blast of spring air blew in. It was almost summer and everything was green and bright. The light was blinding at first, so she had to close her eyes but when she opened them a young man stood before her. He looked to be about sixteen, seventeen. Tall, dark brown hair, that was short but down in his face. He had fair skin, dark brown eyes, and was average built; from what she could she from the way his tee-shirt hugged him. 

"Hi. I'm Austin Tombson. A pleasure to meet you."

"Umm, hi." I said hiding behind the door.

"May I come in?" He said trying to look at me.

"Well actually, I'm kind of busy right now. But if you come back in two or three hours, my father would be here so you can talk to him."

"Oh alright. Well I'll see you later then. Goodbye." He said waving.

"Bye" I said raising my hand weakly.

After I shut the door I thought about him some more. His name is Austin. Austin Tombson. When I came back to reality I noticed that I only had two hours until Daddy came home. I had to hurry. Two and a half hours later Daddy came home, and I just got done making dinner and setting the table, it was 6:30 pm. Daddy was half an hour late. Maybe he went out drinking. 

"Aurora! Where are you my sweet little petal?!"

Daddy always was nice to me ever since I became a teenager. He just gets mad a lot and doesn't know what to do with his anger but take it out on anyone. Which is me.