*Chapter 1*

HEY!!! This will be my first book published so don't be to harsh on me! ^^)

This is Amelia Farron by the way, as you should know I am using my friends account but I will always write if it is me here! xD

Tell me what you think, Thanks!!!!!!

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

~ Chapter 1 ~

I looked behind the open door way to see if anyone was coming in my direction, luckily for me no one was. I made my way into the back of the hotel and ran to the fire emergency stairs. I ran quietly up the stairs to the roof, now unluckily for me this was a twenty-floored, St. Claire Hotel Plaza. But as I always say to myself when I come here, I could use some exercise once in a while. I'm not fat, but im not the skinniest. Anyway. I put my feet as light on the ground as possible so I would not get caught, the Hotel manager would not appreciate some 15 year old chimp walking around their hotel, but I couldn't help myself. The view from the top of the Hotel is glorious. It is the only place I have just to myself...a place where I can think straight. Where I can appreciate life for what it has got for me. Life is beautiful, no matter how messed up your life may be, it takes guts to realise - to feel the glory of life and it's resources. For example, when was the last time you listened to a song...just listened to it, but felt eveything it had to say, all the notes flowing in a harmony acompanied by your strongbeating heart...hurt and happy feelings put into words that many will not see through, but every single sound the singer makes has a significant meaning...just listening to music is the most amazing thing in the world, it sometimes makes my heart shutter, one sentance in a song made me change the pont of view on life for ever. "I heard a litte girl, and what she said was something beautiful...to give your love no matter what, Is what she said." And I do. I love life, sometimes it is horrible and your heart suffers for whatever reason...but it is not life that caused pain. It never is. It is people that make the world a disgousting place to live in for other people. That's mosty why I don't hang out with my friends as much.

I was on the 10th floor by now, my breath started to quicken but I had to keep going. As I was about to reach the 11th floor heardfoot stepscoming in my direction. A strong male voice followed by a younger voice, male too. "So I guess Jonas won't be home today either?" the younger one said. I had to hide somewhere, THINK!!! I thought. There was a column big enough to cover me but it was too far away, and they would get there before I did. So there's only one thing I can do: improvise.

"No, he won't.Get used to it, Lucas. He's usualy busy with either the hotel or the hot host-" A tall boy, about 18 years old stopped when he saw me panting for breath, but walking casualy walking up the steps. The younger boy's gaze followed his to me. They must have been brothers, they looked so much alike apart from the eyes, the boy who's name was apparently Lucas had deep, almost black eyes and his brother pale blue. Both of them had thick, dark hair that might have been growing too long on the older boy's head if he hadn't managed to make them look messy and...hot. Jeez, I told myself,Charlie get a grip, he's what? Three years older than you?! Or at least maybe three. But Lucas seemed to have taken interest in me. We just stood there for a few seconds staring at eachother untill the boy decided to come rude and straight forward on me.

"Who the hell are you? You do know that these are the emergency stairs and you are not supposed to be here." He shot me a warning look. Yeah, then what are they doing here?" I don't recognise you, you are not staying at the hotel are you?" He moved closer to me confused but wary.

"Yes I am, I just can't take the elevator. I'm claustrophobic, sorry I'm not supposed to pass through here, I just need to get something from my room." I lied and tried to look as convincing as possible. But he didn't seem to buy it.